Options

Lab book

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Hey everyone,

As you know, I am slowly working my way through the Route material. One thing I feel like I am lacking in, are just good labs. I am using the 642-901 lab guide, but given it's heavy attention to IPv4 and things like ISIS I am confident it's not enough.

Anyone have an alternate source for their labs they are using?

So supplement I am making a lot of things up, but since I am making them up, I sorta don't know what I don't know, if that makes any sense.

Thanks in advance,
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    I'm assuming then that your using the BSCI lab guide? I know what you mean, you aren't sure if you're hitting all the right areas that you should. But, I don't think there is a ROUTE lab guide out yet from what I seen. The best thing you can do is make your own scenarios up like you are doing. When you get a certain area that you need to lab, just make up a scenario, and lab it out. It's the easiest way to get comfortable and learn everything. When I was doing my BCMSN, I made my own labs up, my BSCI I had the lab portfolio, but it didn't seem like enough so I went through it a few times, in combination with making up my own labs in the areas that I thought the portfolio lacked. Just make sure to hit IPV6, OSPF, EIGRP, etc... Make sure to go down the actual exam blueprint and ensure that your comfortable with everything.

I find it interesting that they took out Multicasting, but I see where they added in some more about GRE. Your doing the right thing by labbing everything out yourself in my opinion.