Is www.getcertify4less.com unauthorized by cisco?

CCNGayCCNGay Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Exam Discounts, Vouchers and Promotional Codes

Neither Cisco nor Pearson VUE, its primary test delivery partner, guarantees the authenticity of discount vouchers or promotional codes that are obtained from any individuals or entities other than Pearson VUE.
Individuals or Cisco affiliated partners who use certifications discount vouchers or promotional codes that are fraudulent or otherwise obtained from an unauthorized source (including legitimate vouchers for attempted re-use) may risk up to and including a lifetime ban on all future exams, the nullification of all previous certifications or other program sanctions at the discretion of Cisco. Cisco will not compensate candidates for fraudulent vouchers or vouchers obtained from an unauthorized source.
Certification Exam Policies - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

..I don't want to get banned from cisco exams if that's the case.

Comments

• xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Individuals or Cisco affiliated partners who use certifications discount vouchers or promotional codes that are fraudulent or otherwise obtained from an unauthorized source (including legitimate vouchers for attempted re-use)

These are the key terms here. When you buy a voucher from getcertify4less it is a legitimate voucher being re-sold by a legitimate vendor. You aren't attempting to use a fake/previously used voucher, which is what they are warning against.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've used their vouchers for both MS and CompTIA exams. I assume they'd be fine for Cisco as well.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • notnownotnow Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Received email about early expiry vouchers and asked Cisco.

Question:

Is this a legitimate source:

Cisco Pearson VUE 640 and 642 Test vouchers for 640-??? and 642-??? Exams at a huge discount from GetCertify4Less.com

They are offering early expiration 640-816/822 vouchers for $75 & $100

Your policies clearly state that a legitimate source must be used, however, you do not state what sources are and are not.

Answer:

Please be advised that this is not a legitimate site. Please be informed that Cisco offers promotions from time to time that target different audiences and have differing rules and time limits. Only eligible participants will receive an email invitation to participate in these promotions.

Summary: Cisco offers employers discounts on equipment & software if they employ Cisco certified staff. They will audit the certs of their staff. Each cert has a serial no. and the voucher has a unique serial no.

See MODERATED

If you read the policies for Cisco, they have a statement that is clear:

Certification Exam Policies - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

Neither Cisco nor Pearson VUE, its primary test delivery partner, guarantees the authenticity of discount vouchers or promotional codes that are obtained from any individuals or entities other than Pearson VUE.
    Individuals or Cisco affiliated partners who use certifications discount vouchers or promotional codes that are fraudulent or otherwise obtained from an unauthorized source (including legitimate vouchers for attempted re-use) may risk up to and including a lifetime ban on all future exams, the nullification of all previous certifications or other program sanctions at the discretion of Cisco. Cisco will not compensate candidates for fraudulent vouchers or vouchers obtained from an unauthorized source.

My take on all of the above? It isn't worth it to save a little bit of money and risk your career and all of your hard work.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    notnow wrote: »
    See MODERATED
    Was the link to a ****/**** site in Cisco's response?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    If you have a question about the authenticity/legality of a Pearson Vue voucher or voucher source, you may want to ask Pearson Vue.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Was the link to a ****/**** site in Cisco's response?

You are still sharp and shiny in your later years Mike. The prey is getting better though. icon_lol.gif
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
    Without using the forum quote function I can't tell if that "Summary" and "See .... " were part of "the Cisco Answer" or a lead in to a link to a ****/**** site.

That link did seem like a valid topic about vouchers -- it's just strange that a forum that supports cheating and stealing seems to be in a tizzy about cheaters losing their certification(s) because they fell for scam vouchers. icon_scratch.gif
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Not sure what the issue is all about.
    I have used the site to take almost all of my Cisco exams. I normally study until I am about ready, and if there is not a time constraint on the exam, I wait for a discounted voucher.
    I purchased one this week that had to be used on or before 4/26 and I scheduled my exam for 4/26,

Saved $50.00
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
    miller811 wrote: »
    Not sure what the issue is all about.
    I think someone figured out that there was a delay in processing vouchers between registration and accounting for their use -- and started selling the same voucher many times, telling people to register within a day or two. Then when Vue figured out what was going on and started canceling exams scheduled with invalid/used vouchers, the people who "got the deal" from Bob's Fly-By-Night eBay Voucher store felt they were entitled to a "free exam" from Vue. I never heard anything about people who did take their exam with one of those scam vouchers losing their pass.

I guess it's sort of like if you buy a stolen Ferrari from a car thief for $1000. If you buy it in good faith -- especially if it's a GREAT deal -- you should get to keep the car and the insurance company should just pay the claim of the original owner. Of course if that were true, the insurance premium for a car would be the entire cost of the car + the insurance company expenses, plus a nice profit for the insurance company. icon_lol.gif
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I think someone figured out that there was a delay in processing vouchers between registration and accounting for their use -- and started selling the same voucher many times, telling people to register within a day or two. Then when Vue figured out what was going on and started canceling exams scheduled with invalid/used vouchers, the people who "got the deal" from Bob's Fly-By-Night eBay Voucher store felt they were entitled to a "free exam" from Vue. I never heard anything about people who did take their exam with one of those scam vouchers losing their pass.

I guess it's sort of like if you buy a stolen Ferrari from a car thief for $1000. If you buy it in good faith -- especially if it's a GREAT deal -- you should get to keep the car and the insurance company should just pay the claim of the original owner. Of course if that were true, the insurance premium for a car would be the entire cost of the car + the insurance company expenses, plus a nice profit for the insurance company. icon_lol.gif

Again, as stated, I have used the service on at least 6 occasions. Always under the same circumstances, I check Vue for the slot I want to take the exam. I order the voucher, I receive a voucher number in 15 minutes or less, I paste the voucher # in vue's site and the exam is scheduled. Never had an issue, do not percieve this site as having an issue.icon_rolleyes.gif

• SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    my opinions:

Cisco does not consider the site legitimate. Red flag. Cisco could, im sure decide to strip anyone whos used the service, at any time.

I think we should try to get a final answer from Vue, at the least for our fellow posters.

We have had issues with vouchers from this provider previously. I'm certain there was another thread about it.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    my opinions:

Cisco does not consider the site legitimate. Red flag. Cisco could, im sure decide to strip anyone whos used the service, at any time.

I think we should try to get a final answer from Vue, at the least for our fellow posters.

We have had issues with vouchers from this provider previously. I'm certain there was another thread about it.

I dont use these people myself but I think there has been a post about this before. Probably best this gets resolved for everyone's benefit. TE is pretty visible these days in the certification pantheon so these topics could raise the redflag you mention within Cisco.
    SephStorm wrote: »
    Do you have a link?

http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/57547-possibly-duped-ebay-seller.html

http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/57005-voucher4you-com-ripoff.html
    I do not understand where this is coming from ..... and I have no interest other than getting a voucher at a discount rate if it is available.

See my post for 7 months ago.

The vendor was an advertiser here.....

http://www.techexams.net/forums/security/57554-security-discount-vouchers-available-now.html

so what happened..... and I do not understand how someone getting ripped of by an ebay vendor has anything to do with this discussion.icon_redface.gif

miller811 wrote: »
    I do not understand where this is coming from
    Read the quote from the Cisco web site (or the one here in quotes so it's more obvious) : Certification Exam Policies - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

Due to the voucher scams, the updated wording on the Cisco web site makes it sound like any voucher that wasn't bought from Vue is not authorized -- and at Cisco discretion you can lose your certification.... icon_rolleyes.gif

As I said before, if anyone has a question about what an authorized source for a Vue voucher it, it's probably best to ASK VUE, not Cisco.

The change on the web site did happen a while ago -- and no one here has complained that their getcertifiy4less vouchers haven't worked. This thread was brought back to life by a new member who wanted to share a thread about this from a ****/**** site. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    This thread was brought back to life by a new member who wanted to share a thread about this from a ****/**** site. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Ah I see, I was getting a bit confused myself here icon_lol.gif

As for GC4L, as you all can see on the left in the menu we link to them. This is a result of an old partnership between TE, GC4L and Pearson (it was actually the latter who introduced us to the former). Many of our members have used their vouchers for quite a few years already. Besides doubting the legitimacy of the post Mike moderated I agree if you have any doubts it's easiest to just contact Pearson directly.
  • notnownotnow Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You don't ask Pearson Vue if the voucher is authorized or legitimate per Cisco.

I sent the link I received by email from getcertify4less advertising their early expiry vouchers to Cisco and I posted their answer to this board. Cisco decides in the long-run, not Pearson Vue. They do not accept vouchers sold by anyone but their partners directly. Pearson Vue is a partner. If you go and read very carefully the getcertify4less website, they skip over whether or not they are a fully fledged partner of Pearson Vue. They have the Cisco logo but no partnership. That is why I asked Cisco about them. When you take the test, maybe you didn't notice that you consented to all the conditions Cisco has for the test, and I flagged the one on legitimate AND authorized vouchers for readers of this site. Not worth it to me to parse over the meaning of every word, I merely shared with you what Cisco thinks -- and it is their cert so that is all that matters in the end.

So sure, you can get a Pearson Vue discount voucher code that will do you for now because it works for the test, but may not in the the future. As I said before, you save $50 and hope you are never audited, or just go pay Pearson Vue the full value. Your choice and your career.

The moderated link contained a post to another site reporting what happened when there are problems with your cert (including unauthorized vouchers codes successfully used to sit for a Cisco test) after a Cisco audit.

Was I using a ****/**** site? Careful there - I did a google search and found that link to find my answer, but then to cast aspersions on a link you no longer can see is going a bit too far. I found that link trying to determine if getcertify4less was a legitimate source, if discounted vouchers are acceptable, and wanted to share what I found out. So now the game is make unfounded accusations. Nice.
  • CirclestrafeCirclestrafe Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I stumbled upon the getcertify4less site just moments ago and was wondering if it was, in fact, legit. Google being kind enough to drop me off here, quickly answers that question. I'm not taking any chances just to save a few bucks. What with the amount of time (and money) I've invested learning this material, it makes no sense to add unnecessary stress, worrying whether or not a savings voucher may permanently nullify any and/or all Cisco certifications I plan on obtaining.
  • ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have used that site for several exams including Cisco exams. I have never had a problem and the customer service is top notch.
  • CertGrabberCertGrabber Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Until I hear of someone actually having their cert revoked I am using it every time. I have went through this site and know many people that have as well. They're cheaper, but the expiration is within a week or two after you purchase the voucher, so maybe that has something to do with it. I think some are just mad that they pay the full price and others save money. It's not like purchasing these discounted vouchers causes pearson vue to give you some knock off test, it's the official test. You pass it, you get the cert.
    Studying CCNP Route

Currently compiling my own home lab. I never knew scouring ebay for routers, switches, and modules could be so much fun!
    hmmmmm.... do you think Cisco would have a vested interest in letting all of those paid for vouchers expire.....icon_redface.gif