Options

Need help looking for IT work in Missouri

Tato500Tato500 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I posted before my situation but I'm going to explain it again shortly.
I just immigrated to US last October and I'm living in a town northeast Missouri. I have A+,N+ and CIW Associates, enrolled to college at WGU since my bachelor degree (accounting) isn't recognized by US education system. I used to fix computers (software and hardware) setup networks, fix cables all learned on my own for like 5+ years.

So I hope someone in Missouri (anywhere) could help me to find a help desk job or any job in IT field (Entry level) don't care about salary or location (I will relocate immediately). I tried to go to every place here in my town they're not hiring and even PC repair shops, sent my resume out more than 50 per week and no calls for more than 6 months.

Thanks every one I appreciate your time and help.

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I used to work in St. Louis several years ago for Teksystems. Give them a call and send them your resume and also try places like Edward Jones, Charter Communications, and there's another big financial firm there, Scottrade.

My suggestion would be to make a list of all the 'big' companies that you know to be in a certain area, and focus on their websites. You'd be surprised how many you can come up with, and also check out craigslist. I realize that this method has a low percentage rate but certainly better than nothing.

Also, get on LinkedIn, get 100% complete on there, and advertise yourself that way. There's a lot of groups that focus on job postings for a particular area (I am positive St. Louis has several.) Also browse the members of those groups to find recruiters and contact them directly.

Hope that helps, and good luck!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    colemic wrote: »
    I used to work in St. Louis several years ago for Teksystems. Give them a call and send them your resume and also try places like Edward Jones, Charter Communications, and there's another big financial firm there, Scottrade.

My suggestion would be to make a list of all the 'big' companies that you know to be in a certain area, and focus on their websites. You'd be surprised how many you can come up with, and also check out craigslist. I realize that this method has a low percentage rate but certainly better than nothing.

Also, get on LinkedIn, get 100% complete on there, and advertise yourself that way. There's a lot of groups that focus on job postings for a particular area (I am positive St. Louis has several.) Also browse the members of those groups to find recruiters and contact them directly.

He really hit the nail on the head here. I worked for TekSystems about a year ago. They always have jobs coming in for the St. Louis area. I look at job postings everyday on Indeed. I think that Scottrade had some recently listings for all experience levels.
  • Options
    Tato500Tato500 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    colemic wrote: »

Thanks for your tips, But I already did all of that like months ago, and I joined some groups on LinkedIn and post asking for any available position.

I dont like Craigslist because its full of scams and sometimes its hard to know the real jobs posted (maybe it only happened to me).

Thanks again I appreciate it and hope anyone has something to say or help.