Options

baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

chinpokojedchinpokojed Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all! icon_thumright.gif

I was a Sys Admin / Win 2K MCSE working for some medium sized (<1000 users) companies, but basically got completely out of the IT field about 5 years ago to do something I enjoyed a lot more. Well time marches on and now I've got a family, a mortgage, two big doggies, and I've realized my current career path is merely a path along the way, and unfortunately, not a real future.. So it looks like back to IT I go!! A little bit older, a little bit wiser, and definitely a bit behind!

Sooooooo I started studying for MS 70-680 last night and stumbled across these forums and wanted to say hello, and let you prepare for the onslaught of ridiculous questions i'll be posting soon!

The stickies have already proven pretty valuable, and I plan to pass this test within the next few weeks (note the power of positive thinking here ;)), and move onto either 685 or 686 before getting into the Server 2008 tests.

Now enough slacking off on the forums, back to the books for me!
icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    Welcome to the forum, I hope you make your great come back icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to TE!
    Wish you much success in your new quest.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to TE! I hope you enjoy your re-entry into IT icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to TE!
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey buddy! Best of luck there getting back in. Online software tutorials, training CDs, Photoshop Tutorials, Dreamweaver Tutorials, Apple Tutorials from vtc.com has a bunch of good resources.

70-680 just to get rolling sounds good. But you should be aiming higher. MCITP: Server admin 2008 and CCNA to start. Where have you been applying?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    chinpokojedchinpokojed Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I appreciate the warm welcome icon_cool.gif

Daniel333 - The plan as of now is to get my Desktop Support Tech 7 or Desktop Admin 7 cert, then continue on until I finish with the Enterprise Admin path. Hopefully after the first two are done I'll be employable enough that I can get a company to start paying for the tests :p

CCNA is a good idea, I've never gotten any of the Cisco certs in the past, but it certainly can't hurt, and I didn't realize it was possible to do it in one test.

That VTC site looks like it might come in handy, thanks for the link. At least with my current situation I picked up a really good background in Photoshop and InDesign, so it wasn't all for naught. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether the ACE certification has any real value? I suppose it also couldn't hurt, but probably pretty low on the list.

No applications are out yet, I figured I was far enough behind that I should re-certify a little before I risk "poisoning the well" in my area... I'm guessing the IT field has never been more competitive and I wouldn't want to risk making a bad first impression with some local companies.