Options

Guess it is time to get back into it...

scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
Sooo... Been a while since I have been on here. After looking around it is good to see a lot of the same old faces that I used to see around here. After shot-gunning the the CCNA-Linux+-and CCNP a few years ago I ended up getting a great job at the local telco and loved it to death. Great pay, great hours and super easy... Well seems that I just got promoted and in my new position I actually get bonuses for each cert that I pick up and when I pass them I get compensated for them... Not to mention that my NP expires next year if I do not renew it.

So I decided to have fun with Cisco again. I am thinking of starting off slow and getting my CCDA to get my feet wet again, followed by the CCDP to get me used to the professional level exams again (and renew my NP) and then going for the CCIP. Any words from the wise?

I plan on doing it pretty much the same way as I did my previous ones; Cisco self study books and CBT Nuggets with lab (although I have no idea what kind of lab the design series would have).
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Whatdya think about CCNA:S?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Guess it is time to get back into it...

That's what she said? icon_scratch.gif
    Sooo... Been a while since I have been on here.

Oh, is 16 months a long time (you bastard)? ;)

The DA/DP route will probably be the easiest for you, given the time constraints. The CCNA: S won't renew professional-level certifications.

Glad to see one of my favorite nick names is back in business ;)
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    16 months is it? I could have sworn it has been longer. Feels like it anyways.

Yeah, I was thinking the DA/DP route as thee DP will renew the NP. I also have read on and off since I got my NP and the DA was one of the things. Read a little QoS, MPLS and a lil design but have always gotten distracted partway though. Good to see you're still around dynamik ;)
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do the ARCH exam and renew your exams. If you have any design exp, you should be able to do it quickly,

Hey what part of Cincy are you in?
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sooo... Been a while since I have been on here. After looking around it is good to see a lot of the same old faces that I used to see around here. After shot-gunning the the CCNA-Linux+-and CCNP a few years ago I ended up getting a great job at the local telco and loved it to death. Great pay, great hours and super easy... Well seems that I just got promoted and in my new position I actually get bonuses for each cert that I pick up and when I pass them I get compensated for them... Not to mention that my NP expires next year if I do not renew it.

So I decided to have fun with Cisco again. I am thinking of starting off slow and getting my CCDA to get my feet wet again, followed by the CCDP to get me used to the professional level exams again (and renew my NP) and then going for the CCIP. Any words from the wise?

I plan on doing it pretty much the same way as I did my previous ones; Cisco self study books and CBT Nuggets with lab (although I have no idea what kind of lab the design series would have).

You will be fine. Welcome back!