do i have what i need for a ccna lab

jeff113jeff113 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have 3 2950 switches and 2 2620xm routers.
My routers don't have any serial ports but has a fast ethernet and a t1/dsu port. I just wanted to know if anything is missing.

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    jeff113 wrote: »
    My routers don't have any serial ports but has a fast ethernet and a t1/dsu port. I just wanted to know if anything is missing.

The 2950's should do you okay, but you will want some serial connections for the two routers and maybe one more in the mix. Look into GNS3 if money is an issue.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Check out this site - Cisco Lab CCNA CCNP Exam Prep Router Switch Configuration

Tons on good info on building a CCNA lab here, scroll down and there are a lot of useful links. Somewhere on this site there a Frame Relay switch config you can download as well, you just may need to modify it a little to suit your own lab. Be careful when building a lab though, it's very addictive! :D
  • JSKJSK Member Posts: 166
    I think a 3rd router might be useful for a better frame relay lab. It wouldn't have to be an expensive router.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jeff113 wrote: »

If they both have the WIC-1DSU-t1 cards, just connect them with a T1 crossover cable. You can buy them pre-made for a couple bucks, or even make your own.

A third router and a second serial interface for each router will help, but nether is a deal breaker.
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    I use an old 2620 with a couple of cheap 3rd party wic-2t's for my frame switch, works great. :)
  • jeff113jeff113 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was thinking about buying a 2522 and buying 2 4a/s to add to my 2620xm's but that'll be another $250.. I don't want to go to a ccnp lab after this. What do you all think