Options

Lx0-101 == 117-101 ?

levensailorlevensailor Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I realize the new Linux+ is two exams and it also gives you LPIC-1 certification (which is also two exams). Can anyone tell me if these are the same exams?
LX0-101 = 117-101
LX0-102 = 117-102

I'm looking for study materials and as I know the Linux+ 2004 study materials aren't what I want, I have found study materials for the LPIC-1 exams, but I'm actually taking the Linux+ LPI exams, I wanted to make sure they are the same.

Thanks
CCNP/CCDA/CCNA-Wireless/MCSA/MCITP/Network+/Security+
BS Information Tech. - UMass

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I realize the new Linux+ is two exams and it also gives you LPIC-1 certification (which is also two exams). Can anyone tell me if these are the same exams?
    LX0-101 = 117-101
    LX0-102 = 117-102

I'm looking for study materials and as I know the Linux+ 2004 study materials aren't what I want, I have found study materials for the LPIC-1 exams, but I'm actually taking the Linux+ LPI exams, I wanted to make sure they are the same.

Thanks

I compared the objectives and they looked the same.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    this has me worried too, comptia hasnt even updated their store yet,
    CompTIA Marketplace
    CompTIA Marketplace

They claim you still only need to pass one exam. :o I don't know if I should trust any of the training material out there, what would everyone suggest?
  • Options
    SephStorm wrote: »
    this has me worried too, comptia hasnt even updated their store yet,
    CompTIA Marketplace
    CompTIA Marketplace

They claim you still only need to pass one exam. :o I don't know if I should trust any of the training material out there, what would everyone suggest?

Look a little harder dude lol :
    CompTIA Marketplace

Just pick up some of the existing LPIC book and go for it. Personally I am picking up these:

Amazon.com: LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell (9780596804879): Adam Haeder, Stephen Addison Schneiter, Bruno Gomes Pessanha, James Stanger: Books

Amazon.com: LPIC I Exam Cram 2: Linux Professional Institute Certification Exams 101 and 102 (0029236731274): Ross…
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think I am going to look into this sometime next year. That gives me time to finish some other stuff, and gives CompTIA some time to figure out what the other hand is doing.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I think I am going to look into this sometime next year. That gives me time to finish some other stuff, and gives CompTIA some time to figure out what the other hand is doing.

I mean both links are correct. You can get the Linux+ 2004 by passing the 1 exam and the new linux+ (powered by LPIC) by passing the new exams. If you look at the old exam link it states that it expires in October which is when the test goes bye bye.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    If you look at the old exam link it states that it expires in October which is when the test goes bye bye.

Which I could probably do if I postponed the Microsoft stuff, but I would rather have the MS certs anyway. I just thought the linux cert would be good to get me moving on some higher level security certifications next year.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Which I could probably do if I postponed the Microsoft stuff, but I would rather have the MS certs anyway. I just thought the linux cert would be good to get me moving on some higher level security certifications next year.

Yep. There seems to be less overall knowledge about the LPIC stuff vs any MS cert, which is to be expected. I want to try to finish the LPIC-1 this year and the LPIC-2 next year in prep for a RHCE or something. I am not counting on the LPIC-X improving my resume that much (which is why I want a MCP) but a RHCE would be killer.