I passed ICND1 an hour ago.

thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
Man, I woke up really early to prepare myself, ate a heavy breakfast. When I was on my way to the testing center I spent about an hour driving because of the heavy traffic. And when I got to the testing center I have to wait like 30 minutes, because the people who were working there and some guy were chatting.
When I got started on the computer, the dude behind me kept sighing.
Geez talking about back luck.

Anyway I got 815 and I am kind of disappointed because I thought I was going to nail it. I swear I double checked my answers, and I really thought I was going to get like around 900pts.
Now, I'm CCENT certified, and need to update my resume.

Also, guys wish me luck, because I have a tierI job interview tomorrow.

In addition, I am thanking the folks who help me here to clear some stuff I could not understand, and the folks who help me to troubleshoot my lab. Thank you all.
Studying:
Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
Reading:
Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass and good luck on the interview.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on getting the CCENT!
    Also best of luck tomorrow, I have an interview tomorrow also and hope to nail it.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Thanks.

This kind of confuse me. The dude at the testing center said that he had to make an account for me because I don't have an cisco account yet. But he never given me the user ID and password for that account.
    Studying:
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    congrats!
    CCNP :study:
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thehourman wrote: »
    Thanks.

This kind of confuse me. The dude at the testing center said that he had to make an account for me because I don't have an cisco account yet. But he never given me the user ID and password for that account.

that is correct. The status of all of your cisco exams are kept on their website. Go to Cisco's website and click the login button. When it comes up, choose the forgot username/password option. The guy at the testing center should've used the email address that you have on file at the testing center. It will send you instructions to change the password!!

Congrats on your pass and good luck on your interview.

Enjoy your week!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • smg1138smg1138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! What sources did you use to prepare?
    I have an account using that link. When I click the forgot password, the email that I received is for the account I made long time a few months ago.
    However, I did not get the reset password for the account he made.

@smg1138,
    I used Cisco Press ICND1 by Odom, and Sybex CCNA by Lammle. Tonight, I am going to start my ICND2.
    Studying:
    Reading:
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

You may want to hold off on the Celebration drunken_smilie.gif until after your job interview tomorrow. If the interview goes well hopefully you'll have two things to celebrate :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Alright, here is an update. The job interview went well, but I was told that I am going to get a second interview and it might be next week and the earliest would be on Monday. Because the other manager was not there this morning, so they are going to let me know when the 2nd interview is going to be.

It is a Tier 1 position, just to let you guys know. I am really hoping that I get that Tier 1 position.
    Studying:
    Reading:
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck man!!! Our fingers are crossed for you!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
    Thanks guys.
    Studying:
    Reading: