Options

CompTIA need renew ever three year.

karson wongkarson wong Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just received an e-mail from CompTIA said the new candidates certify on or after 1/1/2011 need to renew their certification ever three years. If you want to get CompTIA certificate exam. you better get them before 2011!!!

Important Information Concerning Your CompTIA Certification

Dear CompTIA Certified Professional,

As a follow-up to our announcement in January, CompTIA is updating its certification policy for CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+ certifications. Starting Jan. 1, 2011, individuals will need to complete continuing education to maintain certification. Since you're already certified - your certification status will not be affected by the changes.

The new policy will only apply to candidates who:
· Certify on or after Jan. 1, 2011
· Certified prior to Jan. 1, 2011 and choose to enroll in the continuing education program

So why did CompTIA change the policy?
Changing the policy brings CompTIA certifications in line with the practices of other major providers of certifications for IT professionals, such as Cisco, Microsoft, Project Management Institute (PMI) and Linux Professionals Institute (LPI).

Additionally, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+ are accredited by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), a standard-setting institution which approves the procedures used by personnel certification bodies. ISO requires that CompTIA provides candidates a way to renew the currency of their certification on a regular basis. In CompTIA's case, that renewal will occur every three years from the date the certification is earned.

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just received an e-mail from CompTIA said the new candidates certify on or after 1/1/2011 need to renew their certification ever three years. If you want to get CompTIA certificate exam. you better get them before 2011!!!

Important Information Concerning Your CompTIA Certification

Dear CompTIA Certified Professional,

As a follow-up to our announcement in January, CompTIA is updating its certification policy for CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+ certifications. Starting Jan. 1, 2011, individuals will need to complete continuing education to maintain certification. Since you're already certified - your certification status will not be affected by the changes.

The new policy will only apply to candidates who:
    · Certify on or after Jan. 1, 2011
    · Certified prior to Jan. 1, 2011 and choose to enroll in the continuing education program

So why did CompTIA change the policy?
    Changing the policy brings CompTIA certifications in line with the practices of other major providers of certifications for IT professionals, such as Cisco, Microsoft, Project Management Institute (PMI) and Linux Professionals Institute (LPI).

Additionally, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+ are accredited by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), a standard-setting institution which approves the procedures used by personnel certification bodies. ISO requires that CompTIA provides candidates a way to renew the currency of their certification on a regular basis. In CompTIA's case, that renewal will occur every three years from the date the certification is earned.

well lets hope they reduce the price of there stupidly priced exams then if you have to recert! :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think they are probably taking into account that in a lot of cases these days the company that a worker is working for pays for a cert or two a year. I'm sure if your company requires you to stay current with your certification then they'll be more than glad to fork out the cash for your to recert every three years.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Please search the forum for similar questions/comments. This topic was covered in length when the change was announced.

You may review the thread here:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/49994-comptia-certification-renewal-policy.html
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
This discussion has been closed.