CCNA Flashcards

mattrgeemattrgee Member Posts: 201
Hi all,

I've created a number of flashcards for the CCNA exam that are now available to download for Anki. Anki is a multi-platform flashcard application that is available for all major operating systems including Apples iOS. To download the flashcards you will need to download and install Anki, once installed goto: File > Download > Shared Deck and search for ‘bitsontheline’. There are currently 198 flashcards in the deck but more will be added in due course.

I'm due to start my CCNP in August and have been using these flashcards to brush up on the basics, I hope you find them as useful as I do. Any errors, please contact me via my website (see sig).

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's pretty cool... I'm like you... I always create notes in Office or Pages, then I study... but the notes end up being so long that I don't go through them. Thanks for the Anki link/info... I'll be using this in the near future. BTW... your CCNA notes are pretty good... I only reviewed the first 20, but they were clear & concise. I'm going to play around in Anki... I would love to be able to create my own practice tests... not sure if I can or not with that tool... but kudos again for pointing taking your time to do those notes.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's pretty cool... I'm like you... I always create notes in Office or Pages, then I study... but the notes end up being so long that I don't go through them. Thanks for the Anki link/info... I'll be using this in the near future. BTW... your CCNA notes are pretty good... I only reviewed the first 20, but they were clear & concise. I'm going to play around in Anki... I would love to be able to create my own practice tests... not sure if I can or not with that tool... but kudos again for pointing taking your time to do those notes.

-Peanut

I agree as far as CCNA flashcards go they are great! if only I was still on my CCNA ;) and thanks for the pointer to the program, I Think I will try to use it for my CCNP and make up my own cards.

As I said unfortunately they wont be much use for me, but I think any one studying for there CCCNA now should defiantly have a look.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Hi,

Mattrgee, you have inspired me ;)

for those of you going on to the CCNP after the CCNA, I have started to make up a deck for the SWITCH exam (will also do ROUTE I hope when I get to it).

but for now you can find it under CCNP Switch 642-813 or search for DevilWAH

hope some find it help full
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Hi,

Mattrgee, you have inspired me ;)

for those of you going on to the CCNP after the CCNA, I have started to make up a deck for the SWITCH exam (will also do ROUTE I hope when I get to it).

but for now you can find it under CCNP Switch 642-813 or search for DevilWAH

hope some find it help full

I didn't use flashcards for the CCNA but I found Flash cards, vocabulary memorization, and studying games | Quizlet to be a great resource and tool to help me in my ROUTE and SWITCH studies. There is an app for IPhone too (but you have to pay for it, worth it IMO).

Either way, flashcards are a great way to study when you find yourself in a situation where there is nothing better to do.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • mattrgeemattrgee Member Posts: 201
    chmorin wrote: »
    I didn't use flashcards for the CCNA but I found Flash cards, vocabulary memorization, and studying games | Quizlet to be a great resource and tool to help me in my ROUTE and SWITCH studies. There is an app for IPhone too (but you have to pay for it, worth it IMO).

Either way, flashcards are a great way to study when you find yourself in a situation where there is nothing better to do.

Wow! That's an amazing resource, never heard nor seen that site before.
    I relised you can also add decks that will be synced automaticaly

for my deck see link below and key

key =10af652a44a9c8fd

DeckProperties - Anki Wiki
  • CoolhandlukeCoolhandluke Member Posts: 118
    Great cards. Currently studying ICND2 and i have gone through some of them, they will definitely come in handy when trying to remember key things.

[CCENT]->[CCNA]->[CCNP-ROUTE]->COLOR=#0000ff]CCNP SWITCH[/COLOR->[CCNP-TSHOOT]
    Great cards. Currently studying ICND2 and i have gone through some of them, they will definitely come in handy when trying to remember key things.

Hopefully by the time you come to start the CCNP the SWITCH pack will be finished and on to the ROUTE pack.
  • ciscoguy1234ciscoguy1234 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tip. I have been doing the same thing here. With my study guides. Hope it helps someone out.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,079 Admin
    I have been doing the same thing here.
    Ask GoDaddy to apply the latest WordPress patches to your blog. Websense ThreatSeeker is flagging it as a potentially malicious site. I suspect that's because it is exposing one or more known WP vulnerabilities.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/af178fd5f13015f0a01a35593fe5458bc1cf0dafc3747377695fce59a4b04803/analysis/
    I really should get back in to this. :) got lots of cisco work coming up so might be the kick I need.
  • pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Appreciate your effort and sharing the work. I'm studying for ICND2 right now and used this program for the ICND1 exam. Glad to have a deck like this handy.