Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 SP1

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
ALREADY? They just released 7 and there's already a service pack (in Beta)
Windows Server 2008 R2 Operating System

EDIT: After being neg repped for this I decided to put some specifics here. It is a Beta SP1 for 2008 R2 and Windows 7 combined. You must be running both to use it as it adds/enhances some features such as Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and RemoteFX.
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Windows 7 has been out for coming up on a year now. Sounds about time for a service pack.

They probably started work on this before windows 7 was even officially released. I'm sure there were things they learned during the RC phase that they wanted to change but were on a tight deadline and didn't have time to.

The first windows vista service pack was released 13 months after the software went retail. Service pack 2 went public 14 months after that.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I got a neg rep for this post..lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Service pack 1 for XP was released 11 months after the OS came out. It seems like this is pretty quick, but it is fairly standard.
    Decide what to be and go be it.