List all colleges and universities?

phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
Quick question. On a lot of job applications they ask you to list all colleges and universities you've attended. Now the literal translation means "every" single college or university. However, do they really want you to list a university or college that you merely took a handful of classes at?

I ask because I've attended 3 schools and graduated from 2. Now that my B.S. is done I plan to go back to a community college and beef up on some math courses in preparation for graduate school. So would I really need to list all 4 universities and colleges (5 if I make it to grad school and graduate) or is it OK to list only those you've graduated from?
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus

Comments

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    phantasm wrote: »
    Quick question. On a lot of job applications they ask you to list all colleges and universities you've attended. Now the literal translation means "every" single college or university. However, do they really want you to list a university or college that you merely took a handful of classes at?

I ask because I've attended 3 schools and graduated from 2. Now that my B.S. is done I plan to go back to a community college and beef up on some math courses in preparation for graduate school. So would I really need to list all 4 universities and colleges (5 if I make it to grad school and graduate) or is it OK to list only those you've graduated from?

Whenever I have applied for jobs, I have only listed the colleges that I have graduated from; however, if I have a degree in progress I will list that too. Also, my resume only lists the colleges I have graduated from as well. I suggest listing your GPA on your resume if it’s 3.0. or higher. Good Luck..hope this helps
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Whenever I have applied for jobs, I have only listed the colleges that I have graduated from; however, if I have a degree in progress I will list that too. Also, my resume only lists the colleges I have graduated from as well. I suggest listing your GPA on your resume if it’s 3.0. or higher. Good Luck..hope this helps

That is my general rule as well.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That is my general rule as well.

Same here. There is only 1 school that gets knocked off because of that. I took 2 classes there while in high school and never even stepped foot on campus.
    Decide what to be and go be it.