CBT Nuggets or TestOut LabSim? Or Both?

NvrGvUpNvrGvUp Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

First of all, I have no prior networking nor server experience. I am about to study for the Network+ exam and plan to buy training videos -- either CBT Nuggets or TestOut LabSim. Could those of you, who have studied for the Network+ 2009 exam using either one or both of them, comment how good or bad (boring, slow, etc.) each training is?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I used Labsim/Testout. The book I had was crap so I attribute my good score (865) to Labsim. Plus if you're a student they give you a discount where CBT doesn't.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Testout is definatly worth it if you are a college student. I actually just finished sending them my proof of enrollment so I could order their MCITP products. I don't think I would ever spend the full price on their stuff but they always have deals and discounts.

You can try a demo of the Network+ one free for 7 days to see if you like it. Chances are they will send you a promo code during the demo to get various bundles for the price of just 1 program. Or just PM me and I can forward the email to you for the promo. It's a pretty good deal if you are not a student and you are planning on taking more than just the Network+ exam.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013