Options

Passed 1/7

chopenikchopenik Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm glad I found this site. The extra tests came in handy. Thanx. Good Job.

P.S. Is it worth getting Comtia Server +? Or should I shoot straight for MCSE/A?

Comments

• Options
    XCommandXCommand Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations for passing.

It is up to you which one to choose. You can wait for the new Server+ objectives as they had beta in December.
    If you feel like getting faced long,complex and tiring questions,then choose MCSE/A icon_confused.gif
    I'd choose Server+ to have a stronger background before starting Microsoft marathon.
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I went for the Server+ and it's helping me somewhat in studying for the 70-210 W2K test. So going for the Server+ wouldn't hurt if you have the time and money.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    First, congrats on the pass!

Second, there's not really anything about M$ MCSA that is "server-plussy".

A server is actually an Operating System. The OS is what makes hardware a server and determines the size/amount of hardware present.
    A greater part of this exam is "server hardware+". Some have dubbed it "Advanced A+".

Of course, there is a certain amount of material on Server Operating Systems, a fair amount on data redundancy methods, and at least as much about physical security of equipment and data as there is about logical security of the system. Also, a fair amount of troubleshooting questions are encountered.

MCSA deals with the Operating System as server and client.
    Server+ presents a good overall picture of the actual server room, its components, and its security. Server+ doesn't go out on the network very much. That's for Network+ to do. With Net+ & Serv+ you've got a good picture of the equipment that's out there on a Microsoft Domain--both server and client.

Good luck on your decision.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki