Options

JNCIx-SP - lab kit implications?

andyh123andyh123 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
per this thread:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/juniper-certifications/56332-major-cert-changes-coming.html

what implication does this have on lab kit? only the JNCIS-SP syllabus has been announced so far (P/E to follow):

Service Provider Track - Juniper Networks

Exam topics include:
VPN Concepts and Troubleshooting, VPLS, VLAN Concepts, Bridging, STP Theory, STP Implementation, User Defined Routes, Load Balancing, GRES and Non-Stop Routing, OSPF Configuration, Theory and Troubleshooting, ISIS Configuration, Theory and Troubleshooting, BGP Attributes and Operation, IPIP and GRE Tunnels, IPV6, and MPLS.

seems to be a fair bit of layer-2 stuff in there, which I'm guessing can't be done on Olives. what kit might be required? are juni switches availabe on the sim packages? [1]

[1] sorry if this is common knowledge to people on the -ER track, I'm more of a layer-3 person in Juni-land
JNCIS-ENT - :study:

Comments

• Options
    hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    I am waiting for the Aug 5 web presentation. Olives I guess are going to be severely limited.
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • Options
    hqmbhqmb Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bad news for those who're still trudging on Olive gear

hoogwn82,any new study guide or materials associated with the new exam come out in coming future?
  • Options
    hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    For now I believe there is this new course for SP - Switching that is being taught... That would be a good start...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.