Options

Lattice, Clark-Wilson, Bell-LaPadula and Biba models?

jpkennedy79jpkennedy79 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
In looking over the Comptia Sec+ objectives I do not see it mention these. Some of my books touch on them very lightly, indicating which Access Control falls in what model etc. But for the actual exam, is knowledge of these models needed? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Comptia usually tends to stick their objectives, so if it's not listed, you probably don't need to know too much. But of course, it never hurts to study a bit anyway on them.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    jpkennedy79jpkennedy79 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Comptia usually tends to stick their objectives, so if it's not listed, you probably don't need to know too much. But of course, it never hurts to study a bit anyway on them.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Ricka182 wrote:

Ricka182 is correct....You need to know what you are reading in that book. Even if you have to know very little about it for this exam, you will have to know quite a bit about it on future exams....Plus, it never hurts to learn it.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Correct indeed, but in this case it is listed, not explicitely but it is implied in the MAC, DAC, RBAC objective. The models you listed are part of most explanations of these three access control model in security+ material.
    Some of my books touch on them very lightly, indicating which Access Control falls in what model etc.
    That's basically how far you should go. You don't need to be able to describe any of the particular models you mentioned in detail, or understand exactly how they work, you should know of them.