Options

Help/Advice need

[j-pr0][j-pr0] Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am studying for my Network+ and basically ready to take it. Should I go for he A+ certification first? I have 7 years of experience on a computer so I figured i could just bypass the A+, but I don't know how it would look for potential employers. If anyone has any advice to help me out it would be appreciated. I am pursuing he security side of technology and just need to know the right track i should be on.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to TE!
    What do you mean by "experience on a computer"? If it's just as a user and occasionally helping out family and friends then an A+ would be helpful. If you're already in the IT field and have A+ knowledge then it would probably be a waste of $$$$ as the A+ is usually just used for entry level HR screens.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    [j-pr0][j-pr0] Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well it's not like just playing computer games or anything. I have a lot of experience in computer security. I could a fix a computer if didn't work i just don't have much knowledge of installing hardware but do know the basics. I could probable build a computer from scratch and troubleshoot any problems the come about though. If I didnt know the solution to the problem it would be very easy for me to find the information to fix it, you know? I'm trying to focus on networking security thats why I didn't know if it was a major problem for me to get my A+. And I can't decide of I want to go for neutral- vender certifications or lean towards cisco.