Okay so that didn't work....

tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
I drove 2 hours to the testing center city and as usual sat and had a coffee while trying to cram every last bit of info in. Just out of dumb luck I checked my email and Vue had sent me one a couple minutes earlier canceling my ICND2 test due to, "the cisco servers being down".

Obviously I was disappointed but also a little pissed too. Its almost 4 hours round trip and I took the day off work. I understand computers don't always work but they should have the decency to phone people if they are going to cancel 2 hours before the start time.

Anyways there's my rant. I'm off to rebook now.

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That really blows. Then again the servers may have gone down just before you got the email. Good luck when you actually take the test!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is really frustrating, is this the first time ? if it's not the first time this happen why don't you look for another test center.
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    It was the first time but the next closest testing center is over 3 hours 1 way..... I'm going to give them one more shot and see. It could have been a legitimate issue but they really should phone people with that kind of notice.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tha_dub wrote: »
    I drove 2 hours to the testing center city and as usual sat and had a coffee while trying to cram every last bit of info in. Just out of dumb luck I checked my email and Vue had sent me one a couple minutes earlier canceling my ICND2 test due to, "the cisco servers being down".

Obviously I was disappointed but also a little pissed too. Its almost 4 hours round trip and I took the day off work. I understand computers don't always work but they should have the decency to phone people if they are going to cancel 2 hours before the start time.

Anyways there's my rant. I'm off to rebook now.
    That sucks... but look at it this way, you have until your new date to take the test. Use that time as your "cram" session. Look over the blueprints and be sure you are confident with each subject! Best of luck to you icon_thumright.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    It just keeps getting better. It turns out there was no technical issue. I spoke to the testing center today and they have severed their relationship with pearsonVUE and no longer do certification testing.... Now I've got a 6-7 hour trip instead of 3.....
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It just keeps getting better. It turns out there was no technical issue. I spoke to the testing center today and they have severed their relationship with pearsonVUE and no longer do certification testing.... Now I've got a 6-7 hour trip instead of 3.....

Oh that's really bad I have almost the same situation it sucks but once you pass the exam you forget all the tiredness and just enjoy the moment.
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422

Bummer. That's one good thing about living in a little country like New Zealand, I've got about 5 testing centres within a 20 minute drive. :D
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    wbosher wrote: »
    Bummer. That's one good thing about living in a little country like New Zealand, I've got about 5 testing centres within a 20 minute drive. :D

Or Memphis, TN....There are like 40 in this city. :)
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□

Oh man! When/if you decide to take your test... One of the pre-test questions asks you something along the lines of: "Did you have to travel more than 1 hour one way"? You can answer yes to that and put in the comments section about your unfortunate travel time.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker