CCNA 640-802 Exam Certification Library: Simulator Edition

smg1138smg1138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm thinking about buying the simulator edition of Odom's CCNA study guide. I was just going to buy the regular version and use packet tracer, but I'm thinking this might be better for doing labs. Has anybody ever used it before. If so, how is it?

Comments

• ashrafneoashrafneo Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had the books and bought the simulator last summer through the cisco.com store.
    The labs are okay and its really 250 really small labs. IF you have never used cisco equipment before its worth it, if not then you might be able to get by w/o it.
    The UI for the labs is kind of a pain to use but you get used to it after a while, what I found is to just get real Cisco equipment and work on that. It helps so much more in understanding the changes you are making.

If you are on a budget its best to just get it with the simulator.

Tell me how it goes.
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    you might also check GNS3/dynamips. I am using this and all I can say is, this is so great. But you need Cisco IOS image to simulate.
  • MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    I purchased the standard library set, I have considered getting the simulator myself. I'm using packet tracer & GNS3. I've purchased a couple of 3rd party lab books & working through them. Which came to less then the sim costs. If you're on a budget I would go with the simulator edition. I'm sure it'll be of help to some degree.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)