Options

Power plan gpo preference reverts to yes

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
I've created a new computer configuration gpo with windows 7 preferences. In the preference I used the create action to create a new power plan. I made one change to the power plan which is "Require password on wakeup" and I set both the plugged in and on batteries options to "No". When my users log in, the newly created power plan is there but the "Require password on wakeup" option is always reverted back to "Yes". Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    phoeneous wrote: »
    I've created a new computer configuration gpo with windows 7 preferences. In the preference I used the create action to create a new power plan. I made one change to the power plan which is "Require password on wakeup" and I set both the plugged in and on batteries options to "No". When my users log in, the newly created power plan is there but the "Require password on wakeup" option is always reverted back to "Yes". Thoughts?

It looks like when I create a gpo instead of a preference the option to require password on wakeup retains with no.
    GPO is located at computer configuration > policies > admin templates > system > power management > sleep settings > require password on wakeup.