CCNA - a new adventure

brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
I'm done with MS exams and CompTIA exams, hopefully forever, but at least for the forseeable future.

I am now in a spot at work where they need me to pick up CCNA experience - where I have none, and I'd like to go ahead and get certified as well.

I have net+, and i already do most of the work on our internal LAN, but I dont have the knowledge or experience to work on managed switches or routers to do any WAN support. This became a problem when we picked up a VOIP phone system last year, which made all our dumb switches become managed, and split into 2 vlans.

So, given that my cisco experience is zero, what are the best resources to start out with?

Is it still set up so that you work for CCENT first? I know absolutely nothing about working towards this cert. All advice is greatly appreciated.

What kind of lab equipment should I set up? (minimal cost plz. I have available to me 4x Cisco 2600 routers, 2x Cisco 2950 switches, and 1x3500XL). Would that gear be enough? What would be a good lab setup to start CCNA studies?

Thx

Comments