Options

31 days until your ccna exam book

jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
would anyone recommend this for someone who has been through the academy with all A's and can generally breeze through config exams?
Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
HTC students encouraged to join :)

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I sat in a classroom for CCNA1 and CCNA2 and self-studied for Exploration 3 and 4. As long as you feel comfortable with the objectives, put in your time, and had a great teacher, you should be fine. A lot of people (including myself) are recommending the two exam approach as it helps you divide what you have to study. If you have a strong foundation with the material provided I'm sure you'll do well. Without violating NDA, all I can say is the CCNA course exams are a lot "different" than the real test. Once you're up to the plate, you either know or you don't and both exams show no mercy. As long as you keep labbing throughout the 31 days, this time frame is most likely doable; in the end it comes down to you.
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    As long as you keep labbing throughout the 31 days, this time frame is most likely doable; in the end it comes down to you.

31 days? I've been at it for around 31 months!! icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    wbosher wrote: »
    31 days? I've been at it for around 31 months!! icon_redface.gif

Hehe. I definitely hear you. For me, I took CCNA Explorations 1 and 2 from January 2010 - May 2010. I took the CCENT on 6/3/10 and took the CCNA on 7/22/10. I was studying 5+ hours a day.
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I haven't read the book, but I assumed it was designed to be a final review in the last few weeks before you take the exam - after you've done all your serious reading.

It's on safari so I'll probably give it a read before my ICND2. I'd still like to hear what others have thought about it, though.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I read this book (31 Days Before Your CCNA Exam by Allan Johnson) in mid July while preparing to take my CCNA. I had scheduled my test for July 26th but my employer would not grant me the day off (side track).

The book is a readers digest of the CCNA objectives. There is a 'rip-out' 31 day countdown with daily objectives and a structured four week checklist that you can follow along with. I found it useful for recalling details about access lists, switching concepts, cmd syntax etc. but it certainly wasn't a be all end all. The most useful part of the book IMO is the 'skills review', presented towards the end of the book. I found this helpful mainly because I have been over the review questions in my study material and the Bosom exams that came along with my Wendel library over and over....and over. Overall it's a good read for someone looking for a structured approach to reviewing the CCNA objectives.

I intend on going through it again with my other planned preparation and take the 640-802 Friday of next week. Though I am sure it will help in the origination of preparation, I find that I learn best while seated at the CLI.
    Lab on!
  • Options
    jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
    OK I'll probably end up getting the book! Hell every extra study material helps right? Would this be good for someone who more or less needs help with the throey behind it all and not so much the configs? I can bust through configs like nobodys business, in class we had a super hard assignment that nooone in the class could finish in four hours.... but me, I finished in about a hour, but it never got graded cause so many people had trouble with it, I thought it was easy!
    Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
    http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
    HTC students encouraged to join :)