Options

ICND1&2 Exam 640-822 & 640-816

netnetnetnetnetnet Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good day :),

I am presently unemployed, trying hard through home study (can't afford college learning to pass these exams, so hopefully I can get some work as soon as possible, to meet family committments, I 'm sure it's the same for most people, it's great to have this support network available.

I have heard that in the exam the some commands like config t, show ipconfig /all etc are not permitted in the test simulation software.

Is this peoples experience?

How do you view a switch/routers configuration detail, when you can't use config t, show ipconfig /all?

How can you see which type of a router or switch is used in a diagram?

Can you do simulation test exam type questions and practice some lab exam type simulation questions for these exams?

Thank you have a nice weekend.

Comments

• Options
    dairou18dairou18 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't worry about it. Once you start studying and getting hands-on experience you'll learn multiple ways of getting the information you need. Also, from my experience and what the CBT Nuggets instructor has said: if the exam isn't letting you do something, you are likely going in the wrong direction.
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    They may not allow a certain show command to ensure that you know how to find the information using a different one. For example, you can find some of the same information using the show run command as you can using the show switchport port-security command. You need to be able to get the information using different show commands.

Don't worry, they won't try to trip you up. All commands you need to answer a sim will be available to you.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I agree with the above responses. When you come into the scenarios where shortcuts like "conf t" do not work, another option may be that you have to enter the full command ie. configure terminal; the sim instructions will state if this is indeed in effect or not.
  • Options
    jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
    I haven't taken the test yet, but from my understanding is their trying to make sure you know more than just "sh run, sh ip int br, sh ip rout, etc etc." which is many lab scenarios, will show you what you need, or a answer you can get by simply looking at your lab, like if you need to know which serial port to put the clock rate on, its easy just to glance over and look at which cable says dce vs running sh controllers s0/0
    Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
    http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
    HTC students encouraged to join :)