Options

2501's and continuous operation

albin1e4albin1e4 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone have any advice / experience on running a 2501 continuously? I'm concerned about heat dissipation as the router is not located in an air conditioned computer room.

Brian

Comments

• Options
    sonagccnasonagccna Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yes not located in airconditioned room, but as its just a training institute they may not be running continuously, and i haven't heard any problem if they run it for a week like continuously; they have a racked woodden bero like that holds a switch and 2 routers in each rack; may be other folks may help/advice you better
  • Options
    tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had a 2503 running for 3 years without fail. I shut it down to replace it with a 1761. When I powered ip back up, I found that I had to replace the boot rom.

Cisco makes some pretty robust equipment. In Iraq we ran them for a year or so non-stop without air conditioning. Most of them still work, some failed. The more you power electronics on and off the more likely you are going to experience failure.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I will leave it on unless I'm away for an extended time period.

Brian
  • Options
    Can 2501's be stacked?

The fan is underneath and pushes a lot of air out of the box. With the little rubber feet being about 1/8" tall I can't see how that provides enough air flow.

Brian