Options

Studying for A+

rgomez912rgomez912 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Finally got a book to study with, CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide. Do you guys recommend this book or should I buy another one as well to improve my odds?

Plan of action for 2010: A+, Network+, Security+
Plan of action for 2011: CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security

Comments

• Options
    Bgarr231Bgarr231 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rgomez912 wrote: »
    Finally got a book to study with, CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide. Do you guys recommend this book or should I buy another one as well to improve my odds?

I was trying to find out what to study also, everyone recommended the Michael Meyers book, and Sabex. Can go to my thread for some good advice that people gave me!

Goodluck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the information Bgarr231 :)

I plan to buy the Michael Meyers book since I see it has gotten a lot of reviews on different sites. One guys review stated after studying that book he got over 80% of the problems right so it must offer a lot of information. Plan to take both test in late September so have about 1 1/2 months to study for it.

• Options
    keeranbrikeeranbri Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    me too, I bought the michael myers book..I have been procrastinating the last 2 weeks or so, and only on chapter 3.
  • Options
    I'm going to have to wait till Monday to get that book icon_sad.gif I've been looking at different forums on the web and from what I can see is that people who studied that book got in the 800/900 area on the test. Also found that there are 600+ practice questions you can buy for 125$ (forgot the site) found this out on another site and it also had links for those who could not pay for that to download his/hers copy of the practice questions.

• Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    I just used the Michael Myers book to prepare. It's pretty good. I took the 701 last week and made a 774. This week I'm taking the 702.
  • Options
    Good luck on the test :)

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Goodd luck on your test!
    @rgomez912 make sure to check your practice test question sources at certguard.com to make sure your not using ****.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Thanks for the information, did not download them when I found them since you had to register at the download site. Might buy them when I can for extra practice since the user stated around 20 questions were word for word on the real test.