Options

2960's

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
I am right in thinking that the 2960's are layer 2 only switches.. I just saw one on ebay advertised as layer 2 3 and 4???

I just looking at work to get hold of 3 or 4 layer 2 switches, don't have to be any thing special as long as there cisco :) so I was thinking 2960's as these seem to be the current model.

I have never used the 2900 series switches I assume there IOS is much like the layer 3 switchs with out the layer 3 stuff.

All I need is VLANS and a management interface?

DevilWAH
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    I am right in thinking that the 2960's are layer 2...
    DevilWAH

Correct you are! They support 12.2.53. Here is a good rundown of the features.
    Lab on!
  • Options
    cheers I was just checking I had not gone made and they had introduced layer 3 in-between the 2950 and 2960 :)

got to see if I can get 4 of them with spf's and patch leads for < £1500
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    OK I'm reading through lots of stuff on 2950's 2960's and 2975's.

any suggestions on what to go for, purchasing new, only need 24 ports a switch, + spf module

if the 2960 is aimed at the access layer and replacement for the 2950? what are the 2975's aimed at?