Options

642-813

gsrdrver7gsrdrver7 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi everyone,
haven't taken a cert in a while but have been working with switches, firewalls, and routers for a few years now. How long approx would it take to pass the NEW switching 642-813 exam. I understand it's hard to say but my ccna expires in 2 months so i am trying to figure out if i can do it or not

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Well as you said no one knows what you can do for sure, but two months is cutting it pretty close. If you fail you won't really have time to try again.

If you need to recert your CCNA quick I'd go for one of the CCNA concentrations. They would be less material to cover in such a short amount of time.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well as you said no one knows what you can do for sure, but two months is cutting it pretty close. If you fail you won't really have time to try again.

If you need to recert your CCNA quick I'd go for one of the CCNA concentrations. They would be less material to cover in such a short amount of time.

Do the CCNA:Security. Seems like you fit the background and if a noob like me can do it in about 2 months someone of your experience should be able to do it. No need to deal with trying to do the pro levels if this is just about renewing your CCNA.
  • Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You could also just take the ICND2 for $85-$95 with a discount voucher.
    It should be relatively easy with your experience level.