Options

DS3 Study Material

showstoppermdshowstoppermd Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good Day all. I've been told I may be working with DS3 in the near future and know nothing about the topic. I was hoping that those of you who have experience can point in my in the right direction: books, websites, etc.
If I've put this inthe wrong forum I do appologize.

I appreciate any input.
~show

Comments

• Options
    sides14sides14 Member Posts: 113
    I would say pick up a general telecom book to get the basics. There is some pretty good (free) information on the web. Since this is a Cisco forum, Cisco has some pretty good information about basic TDM telecom stuff on their website. Which type of DS3s - Concatenated, Channelized, or both?
  • Options
    showstoppermdshowstoppermd Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sides14 wrote: »
    I would say pick up a general telecom book to get the basics. There is some pretty good (free) information on the web. Since this is a Cisco forum, Cisco has some pretty good information about basic TDM telecom stuff on their website. Which type of DS3s - Concatenated, Channelized, or both?

To be honest, this is completely out of my realm and I will only be assisting, but I still want to do my best to prepare. I will do a search for "TDM telecom" on Cisco's site and pick up what I can. Thanks a bunch.icon_study.gif