Options

Question about Objectives on 220-702

ChopesChopes Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey,

I just passed the 701 and I am currently studying for the 702. Things look on track but the one thing that seems to be throwing me for a loop every time on the practice exams is the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DMA I/O IRQ stuff (in the book I bought for studying for 701 and 702 it has it in there). What has me confused is that in the practice area you guys have here (awesome feature btw), it is labeled as the 220-301 section? Do I need to know this for the 702 test?

If so, is there a list of all the devices I would be expected to know so I could memorize them(ie. COM1 COM2, etc) as currently I am just finding devices and trying to memorize them like the primary IDE, secondary IDE, etc, but I really don't know what is being asked of me to know.

I hope this made some sort of sense heh. Thanks in advance :)

edit:

So been awhile since I posted, maybe thought I should clarify. My question is will the quiz located here: 220-301 - CompTIA A+ Core DMA I/O IRQ quiz be focused on in the 220-702 exam or is that for a different exam prep?
[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    O'HurleyO'Hurley Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Chopes wrote: »
    Hey,

I just passed the 701 and I am currently studying for the 702. Things look on track but the one thing that seems to be throwing me for a loop every time on the practice exams is the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DMA I/O IRQ stuff (in the book I bought for studying for 701 and 702 it has it in there). What has me confused is that in the practice area you guys have here (awesome feature btw), it is labeled as the 220-301 section? Do I need to know this for the 702 test?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If so, is there a list of all the devices I would be expected to know so I could memorize them(ie. COM1 COM2, etc) as currently I am just finding devices and trying to memorize them like the primary IDE, secondary IDE, etc, but I really don't know what is being asked of me to know. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I hope this made some sort of sense heh. Thanks in advance :)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]edit:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So been awhile since I posted, maybe thought I should clarify. My question is will the quiz located here: 220-301 - CompTIA A+ Core DMA I/O IRQ quiz be focused on in the 220-702 exam or is that for a different exam prep?[/FONT]

The 301 is an outdated exam, as soon will the 601 series be. Don't worry about IRQs and such. Stick to the objectives and make sure you know as much as you can about each subject. The 702 wasn't as detail oriented as the 701. It has a more scenario approach to it. A great resource I found for studying for it was scribd.com. Search 220-702 and take the practice tests that show up. I found that the 702 had alot of questions word for word from some of these tests.
    Currently Working On:
    -70-680, MCITP Enterprise Admin,
    -B.S. I.T (Net Design, Mgmt.)
    Currently Using/Reading:
    -Labsim 70-680
    -MS Press 70-680
  • Options
    O'Hurley wrote: »
    The 301 is an outdated exam, as soon will the 601 series be. Don't worry about IRQs and such. Stick to the objectives and make sure you know as much as you can about each subject. The 702 wasn't as detail oriented as the 701. It has a more scenario approach to it. A great resource I found for studying for it was scribd.com. Search 220-702 and take the practice tests that show up. I found that the 702 had alot of questions word for word from some of these tests.
    Ah cool, thanks for the reply and I will be sure to check out the website you mentioned to prep. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    O'Hurley wrote: »
    Thanks so much O'Hurley!!! The questions on scribd helped a lot and I had no problem acing the 220-702! I am now certified :D