Options

Session broker help

ssjaronx4ssjaronx4 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hay guys,

I'm trying to setup TS in a lab to finish preparing for thee 649 exam I am taking on friday but I'm having problems adding the TS computers to the Session Broker Computers group.

I have setup a lab as follows:

DC1 - DC
TSBroker - Broker
TS1 - Terminal server
TS2 - Terminal server

I'm using 2K8 R2 on all machines and all machines are part of the 2K8.com domain. Everyhting has been setup using the domain admin account.

I have added the Session Broker role to TSBroker and Remote Desktop Session Host role to the two terminal servers. For some reason whenever I try and add TS1 and 2 to the session broker computers group I get the error:

"A member could not be added to or remove from the local group because the member does not exist"

The computer accounts show in the group but you cant accept the changes.I've disabled the firewall on all computers but that made no difference. I tried moving the computer accounts into their own OU to make sure it wasnt something to do with the builtin containers but again no help.

At first I thought it might be a hyper-v thing so I rebuilt the lab in VMWare workstation and the same behaviour still exists.

Can anyone explain for me why this error is occuring?

Cheers,

Aron

Added note - Ive checked and I can add domain accounts to other groups (I added TS1 and 2 to the administrators group) however for some strange reason when I close and reopen the adminstrators group I dont see the two accounts listed although I know they are in the list as when I try to readd them it tells me so. Anyone got any idea about this behaviour also?

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I might begin by removing the Session Broker role from the server you installed it on, and then readd it. I think you already have, but try installing the Session Broker role on a server that's not a TS, or maybe install it on a DC. I'll also rejoin the terminal servers and the Session Broker server to the domain.

Cant think of much else, I'll google this and post something when I have a chance.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    I'm not sure if this link is anything to go by as its talking about sharepoint but could it be that you didnt sysprep your one of TS servers so that they have unique sids?

Adding domain user to local group fails
  • Options
    ssjaronx4ssjaronx4 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replys.

I dont think that rejoining the domain will help as this has happened in a couple of labs so I doubt the domain join would have gone wrong everytime. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

I was thinking along the same line as the SID thing. When I built the labs in Hyper-V I was using differencing disks so I thought that may be having some impact which is why I decided to redo the lab in VMWare. I believe I am correct in saying that when you setup a new VM using a differencing disk it gives the machine a new sid etc so it should work but there might be some strange reason why it doesnt.

With the VMWare lab I built a R2 server and SYSPREP'd the machine before cloning using full clones. I suppose its possible it didnt remove the SID for some reason so I'll check the VM's out when I get in and see what happens. If they did all have the same SID it would definitely explain the issue.