Options

CCNP books

YozhYozh Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all I`m about to start studying for my CCNP. I was going to get the CISCOPRESS CCNP Library, but I see that it was released Nov. 2003. Does any one know if cisco will be releasing another library soon or is it safe to buy this library and use it for the exams ? Thanks in advance.
LIfe is hard, thats all I have to say.

Comments

• Options
    netheadnethead Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As far as I am aware these are still the latest books as the exams haven't changed since they were brought out.
    "The time for talking is over. Now call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard, and we hit it fast, with a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign. "
    - Rimmer, Polymorph
  • Options
    Yeah, but would it change any time soon ????
  • Options
    netheadnethead Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Someone one here (or one of the other forums) said that Cisco review their exams every three years, so on that basis they won't be changing for another 18months.
    "The time for talking is over. Now call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard, and we hit it fast, with a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign. "
    - Rimmer, Polymorph
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Until Cisco announces a change to the CCNP tests, you're alright, and they usually give plenty of notice. If you plan on taking all the tests in a short period of time, by all means, pickup the library. Just keep in mind that it's usually a good idea to study from more than one source. I personally only pickup books for the exam I'm currently studying for and focus on it (I have so much BSCI material sitting on my desk at the moment, it's insane)
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    LOL, yeah I`ll use other sources, but I want to get the books togrther cuz it will save alot of money and also reference to the other books is good.
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I have the book library you are reffering to. I also have a Sybex book from the previous exam and even after the update the only really change was the inclusion of IS-IS. Normally as stated the announce a new test, then they announce a final day for registering for the old exam, then it cuts across to the new exam. I found the CCNP libraby very usefull! good set of books for the money
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    Thanks for good info. I ordered it from amazon. SHould get it shortly. Thanks again