Boson again.....

dm3mdgtrdm3mdgtr Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Sorry all, this is going to come off as really arrogant and I swear I don't mean for it to be. I'm really not smart, so there, I said it icon_wink.gif

However, I got my NA in late July and I just used the official cert guidebook which came with a practice test from Boson. If you are familiar with that it had some sims, some multiple choice but all in all it was a relatively tough test.

The Boson exam that comes with the SWITCH book is a joke. I've taken it 2 times after reading the book twice (and taking my own notes the 2nd time) and I'm getting in the 900's already. It's nothing but multiple choice questions and a lot of it is STP. There has to be more to this than this wimpy test right? I'm beginning to think that I got some sort of bum copy of the Boson practice test somehow. Even the NA test had about 160 questions to it. The Switch test has a grand total of 84.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I haven't done the new tests, but if its anything like the old ones they are no where near the actual difficulty of the exam.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dm3mdgtr wrote: »
    There has to be more to this than this wimpy test right? I'm beginning to think that I got some sort of bum copy of the Boson practice test somehow. Even the NA test had about 160 questions to it. The Switch test has a grand total of 84.
    Boson supplies the test engine for the Cisco Press books -- and the authors/Cisco Press supply the questions -- so the quality of the practice exams can vary from book to book.

You can try the practice exam questions (150 questions) for SWITCH from Boson ($99) and see if they are better.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • dm3mdgtrdm3mdgtr Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @network - I agree to a certain extent. The test was more difficult but I thought the NA practice test from Boson did a pretty good job. I'm afraid to take the exam and waste 200 with this test. I find it hard to believe (and I'm joking to a certain extent because I know there will be labs ect...) it'll be 100% multiple choice.

@mike - That's kind of what I'm getting at. I think it's a bit bunk that you buy the official cert guide and then have to buy more tests from the same company. I'm not nieve. I know that the actual test will be more difficult and it's just a basis to give you a knowledge base, but still. The NA, IMO, from the cert book, gave you a very good opporunity to pass the actual exam based on the topics covered.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dm3mdgtr wrote: »
    Sorry all, this is going to come off as really arrogant and I swear I don't mean for it to be. I'm really not smart, so there, I said it icon_wink.gif

However, I got my NA in late July and I just used the official cert guidebook which came with a practice test from Boson. If you are familiar with that it had some sims, some multiple choice but all in all it was a relatively tough test.

The Boson exam that comes with the SWITCH book is a joke. I've taken it 2 times after reading the book twice (and taking my own notes the 2nd time) and I'm getting in the 900's already. It's nothing but multiple choice questions and a lot of it is STP. There has to be more to this than this wimpy test right? I'm beginning to think that I got some sort of bum copy of the Boson practice test somehow. Even the NA test had about 160 questions to it. The Switch test has a grand total of 84.

Dm3mdgtr,

I wouldn't use the Boson tests as a measure to how ready you are. Print out the test blueprints from Cisco's site and see how you feel against the material in which you're going to be questioned on. You're probably ready and just don't know it! icon_wink.gif Continue to lab and when you're ready you'll know it! Good luck!!! icon_thumright.gificon_study.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker