Options

TechExams Test Question

medicmedic Member Posts: 116 ■■■□□□□□□□
12. You have been told that your company is having too many collisions within one your company's collision domains. Which of the following correctly describe what a "collision domain" is?

a. A segment of a network in which all attached devices share the bandwidth.
b. Network traffic in excess of network capacity.
c. A LAN specification invented by Xerox Corporation.
d. Subsections of a network created by using bridges, router or switches.

Answer(s): a. A segment of a network in which all attached devices share the bandwidth.

Your Answer(s): a. A segment of a network in which all attached devices share the bandwidth.

I agree with A as the BEST answer but wouldn't D also be correct?

Comments

• Options
    KMAN24KMAN24 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmmm But Router separate broadcast domains not collision domains ?
  • Options
    medicmedic Member Posts: 116 ■■■□□□□□□□
    But a router will create seperate collision domains as well.
  • Options
    xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    This question is very tricky icon_confused.gif . Answer a. defines it as a segment with shared bandwidth. When I think of a segment, I think of a broadcast domain. Answer d. also would be correct. Routers, bridges, and switches all create collision domains. I guess the only deciding factor would be just because a router creates a segment of the network, the devices attached do not necessarily share bandwidth. An example would be trunked switches all connected to the router. The layer 3 device will route data between the individual vlans on the switches, and each of these vlans has its own dedicated bandwidth.

Anyone feel free to chime in. This was just a thought, and i'm curious what everyone else thinks! :)