Options

Picked up 2 3550's

BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
I picked up 2 x 3550 24 Port EMI Inline PWR/POE for 530 $ including S&H, what do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    I think they're heavy and huge. I hope you have a lot of space. lol.

In all seriousness that sounds like a good deal. I won't say what I paid for my 3550 PoE EMI in 2008. eek.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Sounds good if they're both EMI and POE 3550s. Your back must hurt tho from picking up two 3550s...
  • Options
    tiersten wrote: »
    Sounds good if they're both EMI and POE 3550s. Your back must hurt tho from picking up two 3550s...

Yeah I'll be hurting for a little bit with this tapping into my savings, but I am sure it's worth every penny, I do not want to be a CCNP just for titles, I will be performing a lot of labbing and blogging, I hope my company donates one of the 3750's just seating around :P

I currently have 3 x 2950's from my previous lab, what books do you guys recommend as a lab companion to practice on? I have to work hard for CCNP and Routing need to finish them this year, I've been studying for Routing since last year on and off though, but now have my full attention on this.

I might be able to push Routing somewhere around February.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nice find.

icon_thumright.gif

Those were going for $600-700 each just a couple of years ago..

Paid too much for mine compared to what they're going for now, but glad I did as they really helped me pass the BCMSN.
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    That's a little pricey. I picked up 3 SMI's on ebay for $500. I missed out on a deal for 3 SMI's for $350 icon_sad.gif
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    fly351 wrote: »
    That's a little pricey. I picked up 3 SMI's on ebay for $500. I missed out on a deal for 3 SMI's for $350 icon_sad.gif

There's a price difference between a 3550 EMI vs. SMI, and the ones I got are POE I hope I didn't spend so much icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    tiersten wrote: »

They are not that bad!
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    sounds good deal to me. work just took my 2 3550's back out of my lab cause we need them for a project..... but they said i can have some spare 3750's to replace them :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    sounds good deal to me. work just took my 2 3550's back out of my lab cause we need them for a project..... but they said i can have some spare 3750's to replace them :)

You take them home?
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    nope I have a rack at work, that I can VPN in to get access to the console server. So don't even have to pay power bill :) and don't get the noise.

I rather keep it at work as theres a few servers on it as well and there noise bastards!!
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    sides14sides14 Member Posts: 113
    The best way to look at is by the value you get from buying the equipment. You could spend weeks or months looking for the best deal. During your search, you would be missing out on valuable training time.
  • Options
    sides14 wrote: »
    The best way to look at is by the value you get from buying the equipment. You could spend weeks or months looking for the best deal. During your search, you would be missing out on valuable training time.

Nice one!