Options

Proof of Certification?

ChopesChopes Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed the 220-701 and 220-702. Do I receive any sort of certification to prove this or is it all done electronically? Is there anything I can bring in to my employer other then the printouts at the end of each exam that say I passed to prove (I assumed I would get some sort of certification or something in the mail because they asked my address but the people at the testing center didn't know how it worked) such?

Side note: Thanks everyone for the help preparing, helped a lot :)

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You get a paper certificate and a wallet card. But no employer will ask for either, nor will they ask for the transcript id.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    You get a paper certificate and a wallet card. But no employer will ask for either, nor will they ask for the transcript id.
    Ah cool, so its automatically sent out to the address that I used when registering for the exams or should I have entered my address in somewhere for them to know where to mail it?
  • Options
    You get an email which asks you to verify name and mailing address, and then they send it out.
  • Options
    You get an email which asks you to verify name and mailing address, and then they send it out.

If this is your first comptia cert, you will need to go to https://www.certmetrics.com/comptia/login.aspx and click never logged in before. It will ask for some information, but will get you squared away. You need to wait like 5 business days after the exam.
  • Options
    If this is your first comptia cert, you will need to go to https://www.certmetrics.com/comptia/login.aspx and click never logged in before. It will ask for some information, but will get you squared away. You need to wait like 5 business days after the exam.

Alright, so I should wait the 5 business days after the exam before clicking that link and filling out all the information or are you saying it takes them 5 days to send it out after I fill in the info?

Just trying to clarify to register properly :)

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Wait 5 days between test and login. I think the fulfillment process says it can take up to 6 weeks, although 2 is probably more accurate.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I registered 2 or 3 days later when I took the exam. The certificate will be in the mail a few weeks after that.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    I registered 2 or 3 days later when I took the exam. The certificate will be in the mail a few weeks after that.
    Cool, thanks for the continued help and information guys :)