ccnp interview tomorrow, need help

arsalan921arsalan921 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
hello all,

i have an interview tomorrow
i would like to ask some questions

q1) when to use hsrp, vrrp and glbp ?

i know their configuration, all commands, but what if someone asks that when is it best to use hsrp, vrrp and glbp.
vrrp is open standard so it can be used when there are different vendor router/mls.. hsrp is cisco-propietary. any other reason to use one over the other ?
one more thing, in official certification guide of bcmsn load balancing is shown in hsrp .. but on internet i have read that hsrp doesnt do load balancing whereas glbp performs load balancing ?

q2) how to make a layer-3 etherchannel ?
i have made layer 2 etherchannels but i am confused about layer 3 etherchannels.

q3) when to use pagp and lacp ?
one is cisco-pro and the other is open standard, but is there anyother reason that one would be preferred over the other ? any special case ?

q4) what is the advantage of using mst over pvstp ?

quick response from anyone would be highly appreciated.

thank you

Comments

• DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    the answer to ever one of them is in the ccnp course, and the cisco pripority stuff is basical coommon sense. use cisco stuff if you have all cisco equipment and standards if you have a mixture or its company policy. there are no hard fast rules it comes with apply knowlage to different situations. I would be worried if you need help answering them in preperation for an interview. are you sure this is the right job for you.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    So you want us to help you BS your way through the interview? If you don't know something just save yourself the trouble and let them know. Its worse to try and BS your way through something with an answer someone gave you on a forum.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    arsalan921 wrote: »
    hello all,

i know their configuration, all commands, but what if someone asks that when is it best to use hsrp, vrrp and glbp.
    vrrp is open standard so it can be used when there are different vendor router/mls.. hsrp is cisco-propietary. any other reason to use one over the other ?
    one more thing, in official certification guide of bcmsn load balancing is shown in hsrp .. but on internet i have read that hsrp doesnt do load balancing whereas glbp performs load balancing ?

i have made layer 2 etherchannels but i am confused about layer 3 etherchannels.

one is cisco-pro and the other is open standard, but is there anyother reason that one would be preferred over the other ? any special case ?

thank you

It looks like you did not do your dilligent work of studying the materials, and actually gaining some experience through lab at home or actual experience, some of this questions is answered when you study and take your time to understand them.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do you actually have your ccna yet, and you are going for a CCNP job icon_eek.gif . Yea good luck with that, unless of course you have plenty of knowledge/experience (which it is obvious you don't because of this very thread). No offense but I would just tell them like Networker said.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    arsalan921 wrote: »
    hello all,

thank you

You hustled your way into the interview. Now hustle you way through the interview and hustle your way through probationary period on the job. If you had a week or 2 you could come up to speed with labbing. If its tomorrow I guess you got a lot of studying to do. Good luck. The answers to your questions are pretty simple too.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I wish I could get a proper CCNP level job interview.

I'd have stormed this
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Is this really CCNP level questions even?

they require very little actuly knowlaeg and just some common sence to work through them. If this is all that is requied of a CCNP level job I am gioing to start aiming a lot higher!
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Is this really CCNP level questions even?

they require very little actuly knowlaeg and just some common sence to work through them. If this is all that is requied of a CCNP level job I am gioing to start aiming a lot higher!
    Seeing as first hop redundancy protocols aren't covered until the CCNP, yes it is CCNP level knowledge.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Heero wrote: »
    Seeing as first hop redundancy protocols aren't covered until the CCNP, yes it is CCNP level knowledge.

I would agree. An experience CCNA or a CCNP level.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If the "preparing CCNA" is actually true, you may want to call off the interview. Just because you pass the interview questions doesn't mean they won't hold you to the full caliber of what a CCNP should be/know. I'd rather leave no harm no foul than fired for being something I'm pretending to be.