Options

DNS Zones?

crc653crc653 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone recall any questions on DNS zones or on DNS in general?? I'm not experienced in this, but have read the MSPress section on it. Would that be enough? Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Myself, I wouldn't know how much DNS is on this exam. But if you think about it, are you trying to just pass the exam, or really better yourself in that area. I would hope the second, which means you should study the hell out of DNS. I know other exams hit hard with DNS questions, I would expect the newest exam to be the same. Not to mention, while you may have used the M$ book, which is good, you should always use a second resource to confirm any doubts you may have.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    nightstrm_utnightstrm_ut Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lots of DNS stuff on 70-291... don't remember much (if any) on 290.

Your test could be different though.
  • Options
    skaeightskaeight Member Posts: 130
    I have not taken the exam yet (it's scheduled for Fri icon_eek.gif ), but as far as I can tell DNS is not on this test. The MS Press Book for 70-290 has you install a DNS server on your test system, but that is simply so that Active Directory will work properly.

You can check out the "Skills Being Measured" for 70-290 at

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.asp#SKILLS

It does not mention DNS. The way I see this test, and I could be wrong, is an extention of the 70-270(XP) test. It's basically how to setup and administer a Server 2003 system and how to administer users and groups in Active Directory.

It does not touch services such as DHCP, DNS, VPN's...all of which I'm sure are coming my way when I start studying for 70-291. Hope this helps.

BTW....I'm really nervous about this exam. Does anyone know of any things I should look out for and study in depth before taking the exam? Does it focus on command line programs much? If so how in depth, will they ask us for specific switches, etc?