Options

ipv6 questions

levensailorlevensailor Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
No matter how much I study the ipv6 sections it just isn't sinking in.. How many questions should I expect on the 640-802?

I know half the book like the back of my hand and I'm wondering if it would be more beneficial to concentrate more on what I am rusty at, but can understand for the most part rather than break my back trying to learn ipv6 which seems quite theoretical to me right now..
CCNP/CCDA/CCNA-Wireless/MCSA/MCITP/Network+/Security+
BS Information Tech. - UMass

Comments

• Options
    tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    Nobody can tell you how many questions will be on IPV6 due to Cisco NDA as well as the fact that questions are pulled at random. Nobody gets the same test.

If you are that weak in one area study it. What if you fail by only a couple points? One right IPV6 question could make the difference....
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    if your luck is anything like mine i always get slammed with questions on areas i'm weak on. best advice is above, if you're weak on ipv6 keep hitting it hard. eventually the light will come on.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    IPv6 hasn't stuck on me either but I thank heaven we're not fully switched to it yet lol. There are certain things like "FE80" being the beginning of all link local addresses (correct me if I'm wrong) and acting kind of like APIPA that makes IPv6 learning easier.
  • Options
    joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would take the time to understand ipv6. Don't study what you know, study what you don't know.
  • Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    What are some of the things you are struggling to understand?
  • Options
    feng.lianfeng.lian Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    To me, it's just the sheer amount of stuff to remember. It shouldn't be that hard to understand though.
  • Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    IPv4 takes a bit to remember the first time you deal with it too :)

The best thing I found was to get an IPv6 tunnel from a Tunnel Broker (like Hurricane Electric) and try and get it set up. It taught me as much about IPv6 as the books did. Simply put, don't rely on the books to spoonfeed you all about IPv6, go outside it if you have to.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    feng.lian wrote: »
    To me, it's just the sheer amount of stuff to remember. It shouldn't be that hard to understand though.

lol wait til you see a Professional level cert :) the amount isn't *as* much, but the depth is 10 times as hard.
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Speaking of IPv6. I have learned it(CCNA level), but I already forgotten it.
    I am thinking to do my own dedicated time to learn IPv6.
    I found the O'reilly's IPv6 Essential book; however, there are two edition 1st and 2nd.
    The price difference for those two is kind of big.
    Is it worth getting the 1st edition? or The 2nd edition is better. It does have 100 more pages compare to the 1st edition.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold