Options

Passed 701 today

simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
Just passed 701 today. Score 855 out of 900. Will take the 702 in a week or so....

Comments

• Options
    TheChamp22TheChamp22 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats bro, im taking mine in a few weeks as well 702
  • Options
    brewdbrewd Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to go! Congrats on the pass
  • Options
    TheChamp22 wrote: »
    congrats bro, im taking mine in a few weeks as well 702

Thanks, man. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • Options
    JonHanlonJonHanlon Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome! What materials did you use? I have to take my 701 in 30 days, and I only really have one textbook covering mostly 600 series knowledge (as well as discs on the same topic). I'm trying to find some good study material for the 700 series, but I can't find any practice exams on this site (maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?). Any help or advise would be appreciated. Congratulations again!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing the 701!

Have you checked the CompTIA site for any practice test questions? Why not just fork out some $$ for a good practice test?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    rgomez912rgomez912 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice score icon_thumright.gif

I plan on taking 701 on August 27.

Plan of action for 2010: A+, Network+, Security+
    Plan of action for 2011: CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security
  • Options
    JonHanlon wrote: »
    Awesome! What materials did you use? I have to take my 701 in 30 days, and I only really have one textbook covering mostly 600 series knowledge (as well as discs on the same topic). I'm trying to find some good study material for the 700 series, but I can't find any practice exams on this site (maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?). Any help or advise would be appreciated. Congratulations again!

I just used the book from Mike Meyer and A+ Cram.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats, you are well on your way.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Local-IT-DudeLocal-IT-Dude Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    do not just use 600 series info the info is different use mike meyer's book and use professor messer's site and maybe transcender practice tests
    Professor Messer's Free 220-70x CompTIA A+ Training Course | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training
  • Options
    tonyg1tonyg1 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing... I cannot get pass trying to memorize everything. Was there alot on stuff that required memorization? Like irq, I/O address, sockets, cable lengths and speeds? Is there still alot on printers? thanks in advance