Options

Taking 70-642 on Monday

chaoticjacketchaoticjacket Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got the 70-642 scheduled for 08/23. Any advice had no server experience before this. I've been relying on official microsoft course books I believe 6421a 621b and utilizing Cbtnugget videos.hopefully thats enough heh.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hopefully you've been labbing a lot as that helps. The practice tests that came with the MS Press book was helpful.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yea it's all about labbing if you labbed a lot you will find the exam easy, I did find it an easy one indeed.

You don't have enough time to read something so make sure to do all the labs and the practice tests like earweed said and you should be fine.

Good Luck
  • Options
    passed with a 930
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Great score..Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That is a solid score, nice work!
  • Options
    Apparently theres like 70 questions. i spoke to a friend that took it earlier this month he said there was only 40 questions.toward the last part of my test theres was quite a bit of Directaccess Server questions. Throughout my studies I never came across any of that. Can anyone shine a little light on Directaccess, Im just guessing those were beta questions
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Direct Access only works with Windows Server 2008 R2 and it's compatible with Win 7 I did get question about it but in 70-680 not in other exams.

I did get 40 questions as well not 70.

You can get some info about it here

DirectAccess