Options

Phone Interview Today

dairou18dairou18 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
First to tell you a little bit about me: I'm very young, have some but not a lot of experience, about to graduate with an AAS in IT, and worked in a customer service setting for more than 2 years.

I'm not really sure what to think. I had a phone interview for a help desk support job and I thought it went fairly well until I started thinking about it a few hours later. I was nervous at first but calmed down about 1 minute into the 20 minute conversation. I got the typical questions: tell me something about yourself, why do you want to work here, what do you know about us etc. That was all very easy because I was prepared and did research on the company.

I stumbled on two questions. She asked if I had an experience troubleshooting technical issues over the phone. I just simply said noicon_redface.gif. In her previous questions that I answered, I mentioned that I have experience troubleshooting on-site and am very comfortable listening and talking on the phone.

Then she asked me what customer service meant to me, and I responded by saying, "To me, customer service means being tactful and professional with every person I come across". At the time I thought it was a great answer; short and sweet. But now I think I could have said something much better.

We closed the interview with me asking her questions about the help desk team: how many members, getting familiar with the team and systems (training process), and asking what the next step was.

So do you think I blew it? Either way, it was a great experience and I know better for next time. Still, it would be nice if something came out of this.