Options

Exam Jitters!!

security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
I want to take the exam Aug 30, 2010, I feel ready, but some practice exams I fail and some exams I pass. Should I wait a few more weeks to study more? Or should I just go ahead and take the exam? I noticed the wording of the practice questions can be a little tricky and that's where I flop. However, I did really well on the practice questions in Darrill's book, I scored around 85%, but I must admit they were a bit easy. The ProProfs practice questions i score around 77%. Some exams I flop on, scoring around 70%, which is failing.

Just need a little advice!! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Some practice test questions are harder than the actual test. If you've studied then go ahead and take the exam.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    try labsim exam and see how you do from my experience it is close to what the real exams are like (at least it was for a+ and net+)
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    If you're missing questions because you're not reading them well or going too fast then just slow down. If you think you're ready, you haven't memorized those tests you took and the answers, and you feel ready then go take it. Otherwise what's another few weeks of studying to build more confidence? Just don't keep postponing it because you're nervous.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Speed is not an issue on this exam, no need to rush it. You are given 90 minutes, and
    I had it done in 35 minutes, and that included 2 reviews. So the time is certainly nothing to be worried about. Slow it down and read carefully, even reread it if it is somewhat unclear.

If you haven't already pick up Darril's book. An awesome book and there are loads of practice questions in it. (I think it was something like 400 practice questions and the book is only $30. That is a deal in itself, even if you didn't read the thing)
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Speed is not an issue on this exam, no need to rush it. You are given 90 minutes, and
    I had it done in 35 minutes, and that included 2 reviews. So the time is certainly nothing to be worried about. Slow it down and read carefully, even reread it if it is somewhat unclear.

If you haven't already pick up Darril's book. An awesome book and there are loads of practice questions in it. (I think it was something like 400 practice questions and the book is only $30. That is a deal in itself, even if you didn't read the thing)
    I cosign.

I just used Darril's book and just read the practice questions at the end of each chapter. (My study method was read the chapter, do the practice test, and then go back and take notes). Nothing more and nothing less and passed with an 850+. icon_thumright.gif
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
  • Options
    security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, I have Darrill's book, I did really well on the practice questions at the end of the book. I think i scored around 85%.

Thanks for the tips.