Options

Looking for a good VMware course provider in NY.

JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
Got my hands on some funds and before $$ slips away I would like to subscribe for a good VMware vSphere training provider in New York City. By "good traning provider" I mean: decent SAN/NAS, hardware and lab.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you are taking an official course, I believe all of the training providers use the VMware-provided remote lab. Even if the provider has their own lab, they will have the hardware required to complete the course, which includes SAN and NAS storage. So if you main concern is just having a suitable lab, any provider should be equivalent.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would recommend Global Knowledge, I know they have a center in NYC.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    Correct. I am looking for a an official course, and later on would like to sit for VCP exam.

blagoe
    Thanks, I will take a look at their site. Did anybody use Global Knowledge in the past?
  • Options
    scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    VMware training partners (VATCs) such as Global Knowledge that use their own lab equipment are obliged to conform to minimum standards set down by VMware.

I work for GK in the UK, and the equipment I use exceeds the minimum standards by a significant margin - I've worked for two VATCs and have experience of using lab equipment by three other suppliers including VMware themsleves, and the equipment I use now is the best in terms of quality of setup, ease of use, and accompanying documentation.

Scott.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com