Options

JNCIP - Is It doable with just the book and Olives

god_of_thundergod_of_thunder Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've gotten 7 Olive's to run on my laptop and wanted to know If I could give the JNCIP a good shot by studying from scratch.
I've studied my CCNA and CCNP concepts well. I'm comfortable with OSPF.

Can I get the depth of knowledge required to clear the lab by labbing the scenarios in the book and messing with the Olives? I'm a fast learner.
Is the JNCIP really at the level of the CCIE Service Provider?

Thanks , Any advice appreciated.
Get JNCIA-Junos by Dec 31st.
Then pursue the loftiest goal ever.

Comments

• Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Yip, you can absolutely study and pass the JNCIP with just the book and a set of olives. That's honestly what I did. Although I would recommend studying from the JNCIS book as well. I'm rereading it now to recert my JNCIE-M and I think that it would have really helped to study from the JNCIS book too. Granted I'm sure you took the JNCIS-M or you wouldn't be to this point, but don't shelf that book just yet ;)

I've heard that the IP is on the level as a CCIE from multiple people who have done both but I can't speak for myself considering I haven't taken a CCIE. But suffice it to say that if you put a good amount of time and you are a fast learner then you should be able to pass it in a relatively short time period.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    I would say IP is just a little below the CCIE(ISP-Dial) level... the JNCIE is probably a little above the CCIE-SP level.... But honestly.. I wouldn't compare them... The only reason I say its a little more difficult is because it involves troubleshooting... But the CCIE-SP is a big exam..and the configuration part of it covers a lot more breadth...

Again since you are going to start now... I would highly recommend reading for the new exam... I would say for the new exam 70% of the lab maybe doable by using olives...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • Options
    dwater2010dwater2010 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well u can use jncip book and olive it will do the job!!!

And about jncip and ccie sp: ccie sp cover too many topics, even more than the jncie I guess. Troubleshooting is also there in ccie sp as it add more complexity with mpls applications, So it's hard to say which certain is of which level. At the end all lab certification exam will make you sound and solid in
    technology side... So enjoy the journey.
  • Options
    dinesh2001dinesh2001 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Which JNCIP ENT book do people use to start off... Any chance someone could send a list? I'm after hands on...