Options

Passed 70-640!!!

Woohooo, scored an 860. I was expecting 44ish questions but got 75. Whoops. Too many questions about certs for my taste, but oh well!

My next one will probably be network infrastructure.

Andrew

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! What did you use for studing?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    I used the 70-640 MS Press book plus loads of Server 2003 AD experience.

Andrew
  • Options
    Yeah I've heard experience with 2003 helps a lot. All you really have to learn new are server manager and the new feature/roles.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
  • Options
    The 2003 experience really helps. My organization still runs 2003, even though I am pushing them hard to start moving to 2008/Exchange 2010. Part of the problem is the $$ for new licenses and CALS. One step at a time though.

The fundamentals of AD are the same, but there is plenty of new stuff on the test too. It was challenging. I think I took about 1 hour and 15 minutes, and I pretty much ran through the test twice.

I am taking 70-642 next, which is a smaller book. I passed the old infrastructure test (291), so I am thinking I can hack this one. The CCNA will help icon_wink.gif

Drew
  • Options
    helios99helios99 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi im just asking, you can go back to previous questions and review them in the exam?
  • Options
    Yes you can review your answers.

Drew
  • Options
    thanks drew and congrats.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations ,75 is a LOT of questions is it the same time for 40 questions ?
  • Options
    can we bring 1 blank paper during the exam?
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    helios99 wrote: »
    can we bring 1 blank paper during the exam?

NO they will give you a paper and a pen
  • Options
    za3bour wrote: »
    NO they will give you a paper and a pen

Thanks za3bour for the info.
  • Options
    mtwhitneyclimbmtwhitneyclimb Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats! Quick question though. I am studying for the 70-640, but have heard rumors that its actualy 83-640 now. Do you know which one I should be prepared for (granted it s the same material). But I just want to be mentally prepared.
  • Options
    congrats! Quick question though. I am studying for the 70-640, but have heard rumors that its actualy 83-640 now. Do you know which one I should be prepared for (granted it s the same material). But I just want to be mentally prepared.
    It's the 70-640 now. It was the 83-640 for a while but MS reverted back to the 70-640 due to so many people having problems with the system crashing during the simulator section of the exams.
    As the OP stated now there are more multiple choice questions on the exam. It used to be the simulator section and then between 30 and 45 questions. Know your certificate services really well as those questions could be a difference in a pass and a fail. Certificate services also factor in a lot on the 70-642 and 70-643 exam so learn all you can about them.
  • Options
    TechStrikerTechStriker Member Posts: 131
    Congrats!
    Passed SNIA - SCSP
    Working on VCP4