Passed QoS

Well I passed the 642-642. Overall the test was pretty easy. The sims tested your knowledge but weren't bad at all. I used Odom's book for study, and spent about 2 months studying.

I'm not sure why QoS gets such a bad wrap. After going through Odom's book I found out that QoS is pretty awesome. I'm sure rolling out an end to end QoS solution for work didn't hurt my studies either.

Well, it's time to jump into BGP then MPLS and nail the composite. I'm thinking that will take me about 4 months or so to prepare for. Hopefully after that I can just review for a month or so and go take the CCIE written. I'd like to start working on the lab in the beginning of 2011.

Comments

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nicely done my similarly named comrade!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!!icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    congrats man I'm almost through the Odom book too, glad to hear it wasn't too hard because I'm hoping to sit this within a month.

I don't think I'll be going the composite route though, it must be a lot of content to get through!

good luck with your studies
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass...
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    nice work man! congrats. QoS is some pretty awesome !@#$, but if your anything like me though youll love the BGP/MPLS stuff even more.