Options

Passed Network+ this morning!

Lemonade727Lemonade727 Member Posts: 177
Walked in there feeling more confident in this exam than I did on the A+ (strangely), and the results definitely showed! Ended up with an 856 on this one, so now it's time to hunt down Security+ icon_wink.gif

Just wanted to throw out a big thanks to the forum for the recommendations on the Mike Meyers material and also the CBT Nuggets videos that I used for this exam.
Completed: EWB2, LAE1, WFV1, BAC1, BBC1, SSC1, SST1, BOV1, WSV1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1, TPV1, INC1, WDV1​, INT1, LAT1, LUT1, IWC1, IWT1, KET1, KFT1, TWA1, CPW1
Required:
Finished! I'm a graduate now!
Classes Transferred:
AKV1, TTV1, TNV1, TSV1, ABV1, CLC1

Comments

• Options
    brewdbrewd Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Having A+ and Network+ completed is a big advantage for the Security+ for sure. For some reason I did the Security+ prior to Network+, I guess was greedy to get ":Security" added to my MCSE ;)

I used the Sybex book on the Security+ and found it had a lot of holes in it that I had to use the All in One and PrepLogic Mega Guide to fill. A lot of people here have expressed their liking of Darril Gibson's Security+ book stating that that was their only resource for the exam. Just thought I'd add that in case you haven't found your study material yet.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    brewd wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Having A+ and Network+ completed is a big advantage for the Security+ for sure. For some reason I did the Security+ prior to Network+, I guess was greedy to get ":Security" added to my MCSE ;)

I used the Sybex book on the Security+ and found it had a lot of holes in it that I had to use the All in One and PrepLogic Mega Guide to fill. A lot of people here have expressed their liking of Darril Gibson's Security+ book stating that that was their only resource for the exam. Just thought I'd add that in case you haven't found your study material yet.

I actually ordered the All-In-One collection for A+, Network+, and Security+ since I made the dedication to get all 3 certs completed prior to the end of the year (pretty far ahead of schedule at this rate), but only later realized the Security+ All-In-One book was by a different author and not too well regarded compared to the other Mike Meyers books I read. I did read on here and found out about Darril's book, and promptly ordered that as well, so I have that now and will start reading it in about a week and am very much looking forward to it (taking a little break for other priorities).
    Completed: EWB2, LAE1, WFV1, BAC1, BBC1, SSC1, SST1, BOV1, WSV1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1, TPV1, INC1, WDV1​, INT1, LAT1, LUT1, IWC1, IWT1, KET1, KFT1, TWA1, CPW1
    Required:
    Classes Transferred:
  • Options
    techie2012techie2012 Member Posts: 150
    Congratulations! I'm using the Mike Meyers All-In-One Net+ book. I believe that will be all I need as I go to school for Network Administration. Best of luck on the Sec+!icon_thumright.gif
    (CCNP: Switch) Passed!
    (CCNP: Route) Goal: 11/15/12 Progress: 75%
    (CCNP: TShoot) Goal: 12/15/12 Progress: ​50%
    (Perl Scripting) Ongoing :study:
  • Options
    Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    Nice job m8!
    Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
    MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
    "One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice score! Congrats on the pass
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I actually ordered the All-In-One collection for A+, Network+, and Security+ since I made the dedication to get all 3 certs completed prior to the end of the year (pretty far ahead of schedule at this rate), but only later realized the Security+ All-In-One book was by a different author and not too well regarded compared to the other Mike Meyers books I read. I did read on here and found out about Darril's book, and promptly ordered that as well, so I have that now and will start reading it in about a week and am very much looking forward to it (taking a little break for other priorities).

Darril's book is only about $30 and contains something like 400 practice questions. It is well worth the money even if you only used it for the practice questions but it is also an excellent read.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Darril's book is only about $30 and contains something like 400 practice questions. It is well worth the money even if you only used it for the practice questions but it is also an excellent read.

Yea, I will be taking it with me to work today and start to read it during my downtime. Priorities have changed and been cancelled, so the road to Security+ starts today!

Thanks again everyone!
    Required:
    Classes Transferred:
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□