Options

Extending the C volume

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Its my understanding that putting the page file on a seperate physical disk (not just a volume or partition) is done to put some of the work on a different drive, rather than making the main drive do all the regular work + page all day.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Its my understanding that putting the page file on a seperate physical disk (not just a volume or partition) is done to put some of the work on a different drive, rather than making the main drive do all the regular work + page all day.

And is successful. But being on the same disk I don't see how it would offload any of the work. Be spacing it out, you are just adding work.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    And is successful. But being on the same disk I don't see how it would offload any of the work. Be spacing it out, you are just adding work.

Yeah putting it on the same physical disk, just a seperate volume or partition wouldn't do anything.
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Would it not offer a performance increase since the file fragmentation of the boot partition would be unable to impact the page file partition?
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012