Options

Question about Network+

flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
I currently have MCP, MCTS, MCITP, Oracle 11G OCA, and Security+.
I have studied for CCNA in the past, but haven't had the time to follow through with it. I have retained alot of the CCNA material in my mind still, given exposure to it at work, and working with gns3/dynamips/dynagen over the past 1.5 years.

Mike Meyers' CompTIA Network+ Guide to Managing and Troubleshooting Networks, Second Edition : McGraw-Hill Professional Online Book Store

I have access to this book.
Will this book be sufficient to pass the exam?
Next up: OSCP

Comments

• Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    I have net+, A+ and ccent.

Both before taking net+

I'm not gonna go ahead and tell you "you can nail it!" but you should be at least very familiar with most of the concepts.

I dont know how good is that book but you sure need a network+ study source.

network+ is very broad, it just covers sooo much areas. The difference between network+ and ccna for me is that ccna is more of a configuration in dept and more specific.
    Network+ doesnt go as in dept but it sure covers a lot of material. Many, many subjects that arent in ccna.

So get yourself the net+ objectives ( I think you can get them from compTIA site) and just go through them. Again the book shouldnt hurt.
    meh
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Definitely look over the objectives and spend some extra time on the areas you may have more trouble with but you can probably get away with not spending much more money. The Mike Myers book gets good reviews. You can supplement that with some of the Professor messer free videos but you may not need to mess with some of the videos with your current knowledge.
    A good practice exam from a reputable source will give you a good idea if you are ready after going through the Myers book and maybe some of the videos. I like going cheap though and when I was preparing for the Net+ I bought my voucher from total seminar and it came bundled with what I thought was some very good practice exams. I paid the same price as the regular test voucher from prometric or comptia but got the practice tests with it. I think they may have gone up a few bucks since then but still seems like a good deal to me.