Options

CBTNuggets, 642-902 CCNP ROUTE

EliZ_EliZ_ Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all.

The new 642-902 ROUTE from CBTNuggets is now ready.
15 hours of new recorded material

CBT Nuggets

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EliZ_ wrote: »
    Hi all.

The new 642-902 ROUTE from CBTNuggets is now ready.
    15 hours of new recorded material

CBT Nuggets

NICE!!!! I'll be ready to order once I'm done with the SWITCH exam. I've just expedited my SWITCH studies now!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

That's weird... I signed up to receive an email when it was released, but I hadn't received anything... oh well. Thanks!!!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    NICE!!!! I'll be ready to order once I'm done with the SWITCH exam. I've just expedited my SWITCH studies now!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

That's weird... I signed up to receive an email when it was released, but I hadn't received anything... oh well. Thanks!!!

-Peanut

I have been using the BCMSN videos and the SWITCH book to study for my SWITCH exam. I wonder when they will come out with the SWITCH videos.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    triotrio Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow thats great,nothing beats CBT nuggets!:D
  • Options
    chmorin wrote: »
    I have been using the BCMSN videos and the SWITCH book to study for my SWITCH exam. I wonder when they will come out with the SWITCH videos.

According to this, the SWITCH Nuggets are either in final development or awaiting final approval. Who knows... it could be soon. I remember Jeremy blogging on his site about starting the videos for the ROUTE. He's never mentioned anything (on his blog at least) about doing the SWITCH videos, so who knows. Either way, I'm sure SWITCH videos will be good. They'll probably too late for me though.

-Peanut

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111
    Love that all of his labs are done with GNS3. Even though I have a decent ammount of routers I plan on labbing up ROUTE in GNS3.
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    sweet! I wonder when switch will be out.
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    He says in the first nugget that '.. this [ROUTE] is the last video that I recorded of the series..' so going by that, SWITCH and TSHOOT should be out soon :)
  • Options
    restryktrestrykt Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In my opinion, it was about ROUTE series (1st video recorded at the end)...
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hmmm, I wonder how many times that Jeremy had to pause the video to reboot his PC / restart GNS3 :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Are these just the BSCI videos with some stuff added/removed?

During video 19 (BGP), Jeremy says "the BSCI video series that you're in right now..."
  • Options
    DPG wrote: »

During video 19 (BGP), Jeremy says "the BSCI video series that you're in right now..."

According to Jeremy's Blog and his post on the CCNP Route nugget, "it was nearly 100% reuse" [from the BSCI series]. So he probably didn't re-record any videos. I'm assuming he added some newer ones (on GNS3) and removed some old ones (multicast) and compiled the list of videos. It seems that Jeremy was more focused on building complex labs in GNS3 and ensuring the new video included tons of topologies and labs. HTH.

-Peanut

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    EliZ_EliZ_ Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□

It seems that he's reusing some of the old videos where the topics hasn't changed, the topic that led me to check was the videos regarding OSPF concepts, and sure enough, the videos are the same.

But that’s ok by me, why re-record the same topic if they haven’t changed.

• Options
    EliZ_ wrote: »
    It seems that he's reusing some of the old videos where the topics hasn't changed, the topic that led me to check was the videos regarding OSPF concepts, and sure enough, the videos are the same.

But that’s ok by me, why re-record the same topic if they haven’t changed.

Just throwing this out there... but OPSFv3 with support for IPv6. That's fairly new (I think). I'm not sure if that is covered in the BSCI series or the new CCNP ROUTE series. Is this a topic in the ROUTE blueprint?

-Peanut

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    According to Jeremy's Blog and his post on the CCNP Route nugget, "it was nearly 100% reuse" [from the BSCI series]. So he probably didn't re-record any videos. I'm assuming he added some newer ones (on GNS3) and removed some old ones (multicast) and compiled the list of videos. It seems that Jeremy was more focused on building complex labs in GNS3 and ensuring the new video included tons of topologies and labs. HTH.

-Peanut

In the same blog post he states "However, when CBTNuggets and I discussed the new series, a decision was made to re-record nearly the entire thing. Why? It's all about labs."

This is confusing. Maybe I just chose the wrong video to preview?
  • Options
    In the same blog post he states "However, when CBTNuggets and I discussed the new series, a decision was made to re-record nearly the entire thing. Why? It's all about labs."

This is confusing. Maybe I just chose the wrong video to preview?

Good point... I think I originally read it and automatically associated "re-record" to "reuse" which he stated earlier. That is pretty confusing... hmmm.... icon_scratch.gif

-Peanut

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111
    For those who already have this, does it come with the GNS .net files or do you have to build them from scratch watching through the video?
  • Options
    mattrgeemattrgee Member Posts: 201
    spartangtr wrote: »
    For those who already have this, does it come with the GNS .net files or do you have to build them from scratch watching through the video?

That's exactly what I'm wondering. I've emailed CBT Nuggets asking the same question but yet to receive a reply.

Can anyone else confirm?
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Build them from scratch regardless - you'll learn more that way anyways :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    jdcbtnuggetsjdcbtnuggets Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys:

I'm JD, and I work for CBT Nuggets...

The lab topologies come with the training (either the individual or through the streaming subscription)

Jeremy's recording SWITCH right now, and he's nearly complete. I'll post for everyone when he's done.

Following that will be TSHOOT. All lab topologies included.
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys:

I'm JD, and I work for CBT Nuggets...

The lab topologies come with the training (either the individual or through the streaming subscription)

Jeremy's recording SWITCH right now, and he's nearly complete. I'll post for everyone when he's done.

Following that will be TSHOOT. All lab topologies included.

Great to hear! Jeremy's awesome. However, I don't think I can justify buying SWITCH as I already have BCMSN (great)

Do you have any inside info on how he plans to do the labs? I hear he's all about GNS3 in his ROUTE video. Will he still be using GNS3 in the SWITCH/TSHOOT, and, if so, how will he get the switching parts right?
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    the gns3 labs are directly inportabe in to gns3 as long as you have a 2691 image set up.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    oh and most of the videos are new. as it is all done one gns3 this time
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    pitviper wrote: »
    Hmmm, I wonder how many times that Jeremy had to pause the video to reboot his PC / restart GNS3 :)

Haha, yeah it is a bit touchy isn't it. icon_lol.gif

I've only just started playing with it, you need to save your topology pretty frequently.
  • Options
    wbosher wrote: »
    Haha, yeah it is a bit touchy isn't it. icon_lol.gif

I've only just started playing with it, you need to save your topology pretty frequently.

I would suggest using the same IOS version he does (2691)

and if possible run on linux.

However the most stable way I ahve found of running GNS3 is on two PC's

one running dynamips and doing the actuly emlation, and then simple run the GNS3 front end on your desktop machine. This also has the benift of ofloading all the process to the back end machine making the machine you are working on much more responsive if you want o surf the net or view documetns at the same time. (look up this on the blindhog video tutorials for GNS3)

Also play with the idle PC values untill you get a nice stable seting and save it..

When I started out with GNS3 I also found it very unstable. But after playing with different IOS versions and settigns, I now often have it running for hours on end with out issue.

And if you ever get in to the Linux vs Windows argument. GNS3 is a point the Linux guys WIN outright. GNS3 is jsut far more stable running on it.

:)